Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-31-2018, 12:40 PM   #481
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
I can bet you a nice steak dinner that a good amount of people who bought the latest Red Sonja and Aspen pieces have never read the comics. I, myself, have never read the comics for Red Sonja and Aspen but they are done so well that it makes me want to buy them.
I fall into this category Haha. Never read any red Sonja books, i did watch the movie a lot as a kid, but i have no affiliation to the character. I just love the look and she goes with my medieval section. Also everyone that buys Court of the Dead statues falls into this category ass well ( I bought Kier )
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:45 PM   #482
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
I can bet you a nice steak dinner that a good amount of people who bought the latest Red Sonja and Aspen pieces have never read the comics. I, myself, have never read the comics for Red Sonja and Aspen but they are done so well that it makes me want to buy them.
You get your ass to a comic book shop and buy a RS and Aspen book, sit down and read ihem from one end to the other. Tomorrow, we will have a test!!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:53 PM   #483
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I read a few RS comics for that very reason, same with DD, elektra and miles morales spiderman, well done statues have interested me in characters that i otherwise had no interest in.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:04 PM   #484
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I don’t ever read comics but love the art. Once I see a good statue I likeand have no clue who it is. I then go to you tube for 10 mins and listen to the entire story line. Then I’m all good and is now just as knowledgeable as most of us. Technology makes it so much easier now. As for x-23 really hope for a coh masked ex!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:05 PM   #485
sith_apprentice
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The "New Wolverine" X-23 series had it's ups and down, I have about 10 issues, she's got her own series now. There's a TPB crossover between X-23 and Daken that I want to get.

I admit I didn't like the character back when she premiered, but after the Logan movie I started to like her more and more.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:18 PM   #486
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I actually have to amend my previous statement. I have been reading the current RS run because I love Carlos Gomez's art. But i didnt buy it because it was a RS story.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:21 PM   #487
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
You get your ass to a comic book shop and buy a RS and Aspen book, sit down and read ihem from one end to the other. Tomorrow, we will have a test!!
Here is a link to a short Red Sonja story by Esteban Moroto and Neal Adams (along with Ernie Chau) you can read online.

as a bonus you can see a young Wendy (Elfquest) Pini cos-playing as RS, metal bikini and all.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:31 PM   #488
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The 2 new X-23 issues are pretty great. Really worth picking up if any of you are interested. My 1st time reading this character's books.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:35 PM   #489
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I don’t ever read comics but love the art. Once I see a good statue I likeand have no clue who it is. I then go to you tube for 10 mins and listen to the entire story line. Then I’m all good and is now just as knowledgeable as most of us. Technology makes it so much easier now. As for x-23 really hope for a coh masked ex!
You make it sound like hard work Without the comics i'd have no interest in statues.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:55 PM   #490
sith_apprentice
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Star Wars got me into high-end collectibles, but that was when I started stumbling over all the Marvel mini-busts at my comic shop, and it took off from there. I've had a fiction-crush on Psylocke since the 90's and the Marvel / Capcom games, and have been a Daredevil fanboy since 1988, so I knew a few of those items would make their way to my shelves.

It was only it the last few years that I stumbled onto Deadpool, Deathstroke, Taskmaster and a few others, which have become some of my favorites, so I'd like to think my interests and collection grow together.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote