Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #481
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I think the part that torques me off is that people who have probably never read a single issue of the F4 comic book are saying what an awesome choice for casting and saying that I am racist for not agreeing with them when that has nothing to do with it. I have grown up with Johnny Storm for 40 years, that is the issue. I bet if they made a Harry Potter movie where Harry was blond, built like a truck, no glasses and had a star tattoo on his butt, that these same people would be asking for someone's head on a platter for doing such a thing. Yet it's the same thing, changing the physical aspects of an established character and acting like you have not done anything.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #482
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I think the part that torques me off is that people who have probably never read a single issue of the F4 comic book are saying what an awesome choice for casting and saying that I am racist for not agreeing with them when that has nothing to do with it. I have grown up with Johnny Storm for 40 years, that is the issue. I bet if they made a Harry Potter movie where Harry was blond, built like a truck, no glasses and had a star tattoo on his butt, that these same people would be asking for someone's head on a platter for doing such a thing. Yet it's the same thing, changing the physical aspects of an established character and acting like you have not done anything.
Who said that you are a racist?
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #483
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

This should be seen as Ultimates Fantastic Four. We have already had the classic line up in the previous movies.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #484
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

According to Variety it will be an adaptation of ultimate FF.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #485
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Who said that you are a racist?
no one on this board but I was tweeting with an artist who basically said that people who didn't agree with him were racist.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #486
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

This was always going to be a talking point. And it will be made into a political debate I have no doubt. It will be interesting to see the arguments being laid out by both sides.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #487
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

as long as the true comic fans "talk" with their wallets by not going to see this trash the movie will tank. The true FF will re-emerge eventually somewhere down the line.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #488
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

If all the FF fans did not attend this movie it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. As you would have other comic fans who haven't read the book and the majority of movie fans who are not reading comics making up the numbers. This movie will fall or succeed on its own merits.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #489
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Jamie Bell. Third from left.

oh man. sorry, but THAT is not the F4. i dont care if they aren't all dressed up in their costumes. none of them look the part.
this must be a "what if" movie where if they were all teenagers or something. and alternate universe if you will.

yeah i wont be going to see this film. and i more than likely wont be purchasing it on BRD.

man what a hack job.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #490
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
no one on this board but I was tweeting with an artist who basically said that people who didn't agree with him were racist.
thats just their cop out argument to justify their point of view of the casting.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote