Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #4911
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I've had waitlists cancelled, never a week after ordering.
Now that I think about it, Conan, Rage of the Undying, they sent me a WL cancelation notice, and like a 10% off offer if I ordered a Reg, since I wasn't going to convert. So I ordered a Reg, but I didn't cancel my EX WL that I was told would never convert, only to have it later convert (they never took me off).

So, yea, maybe a touch early with these notices.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #4912
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Soooo anyone who buys a reg is a sucker huh? People acting like this is the only piece SS had an exclusive on :/ like this is some huge conspiracy to specificially ---- you over. Acting like you are entitled to buy it and if you don't get it then ---- SS. It's rather entertaining.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #4913
SpawnDude

Quote:
That's why I won't buy the Collector's edition. It's like buying a drawing or painting with part of it missing. Now sometimes it's not a big deal, like a switch out arm with a knife is like the drawing missing a straight-line boarder, doesn't effect the art much. But this head, it's like taking a chunk out of the middle.
For sure, Remember Apocoplypse? EX selling for over $800 and maybe even more popular than Thanos. Sells for $500 (check ebay) so buyers are losing money. Granted the EX was kinda dumb. Dont think because there is wild hype it will increase, Skaar with Axe sold out in hours as well and it no longer wanted. I am babbling now but my real point is I agree, without the EX head Thanos is kinda lame and a reg will not ever get its money back so you better love it if you buy it. XM does not pull this crap, switch outs come with all of them. Why would you sell a grail to some and a fail to others???????
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #4914
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
Agreed and wish more would stand strong. And I wont argue recast vs re-release but really, this piece is not worth it with one head for sure and I was looking at the art print for this statue and thinking, Hey, the big smile for photo day head is not nearly as good as the art print head with a sneering smile, a custom head that caught the smile of contempt would smoke the EX head so just make one of those for the reg and watch it fly! Yeah, all the EX buyers would be mad but really, is it not about money and not about happy buyers?
I'm thinking about a custom gauntlet...crushing a recast Ex head in it's grip...

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #4915
SpawnDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic View Post
Soooo anyone who buys a reg is a sucker huh? People acting like this is the only piece SS had an exclusive on :/
Not at all, read above comment, EX on Colossus looked like he had to poop, Ex on Skaar was an axe, most EX pieces are some batterang, shield, Axe or something that does not matter, when you take the best part away from a statue it is a fail
Old 04-07-2017, 07:18 PM   #4916
IronGold
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Now that I think about it, Conan, Rage of the Undying, they sent me a WL cancelation notice, and like a 10% off offer if I ordered a Reg, since I wasn't going to convert. So I ordered a Reg, but I didn't cancel my EX WL that I was told would never convert, only to have it later convert (they never took me off).

So, yea, maybe a touch early with these notices.
Unprecedented is the word I would use, usually waitlists get canceled after the item has come out and there is no more stock, not 1 week after preorder. They are intentionally trying to get people to buy the reg edition.
IronGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:19 PM   #4917
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic View Post
Soooo anyone who buys a reg is a sucker huh? People acting like this is the only piece SS had an exclusive on :/ like this is some huge conspiracy to specificially ---- you over. Acting like you are entitled to buy it and if you don't get it then ---- SS. It's rather entertaining.
I'm not saying anything about others, I'm talking about me, and my view. If you like the reg and drop money on it I'm not going to judge you, but to me, it's not worth $1200 when the EX has the head I'd display. So I'm not willing to pay for something that in my eyes is incomplete.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:19 PM   #4918
SpawnDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I'm thinking about a custom gauntlet...crushing a recast Ex head in it's grip...

Lol, I would love to see that! I would love to see some custom heads for this piece as well and then pick up a couple regs for $800 later on. Hopefully ES on reg is 2000 or more to ensure cheap deals in years to come for customizing
Old 04-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #4919
Aphotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
Not at all, read above comment, EX on Colossus looked like he had to poop, Ex on Skaar was an axe, most EX pieces are some batterang, shield, Axe or something that does not matter, when you take the best part away from a statue it is a fail
By the regular isn't fail, it's just fail for you. Subjectivity plays a huge part in it and just because you don't like it does not mean others won't.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #4920
Aphotic

Quote:
I'm not saying anything about others, I'm talking about me, and my view. If you like the reg and drop money on it I'm not going to judge you, but to me, it's not worth $1200 when the EX has the head I'd display. So I'm not willing to pay for something that in my eyes is incomplete.
Yup completely understand Josh, that statement was not directed at you. This entire hobby is subjective and I'm sure if you have to pass it'll be that, an unfortunate pass.

Other people who buy regulars are not suckers, they find value and that's all.