Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #4971
Cobracumander
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
Hi Alex!
With the last minute cancellation of your attendance on Power-Con, the absence of MotU items on SDCC and even the exclusive variants of the MotU statues being not sold out yet, are there even more MotU statues in development or is Evil-Lyn the last one?

I hope too see more because this is all i care about.
Cobracumander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:01 PM   #4972
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Greetings from Paris, France my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hey SSALex,

The new Vader PF light up features look amazing! Do you have any updated information as to when it will start shipping out?

Have a great vacation!
Right now he's still estimated to start shipping between June and July. I don't have a specific week/date that he's estimated to port in the U.S. at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Enjoy your vacation....3 weeks.. sounds like my days back living in Germany and not in this slavery US country
The U.S. work ethic is so far different then other parts of the world for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Enjoy your vacation Alex.

Also,

Any idea as to how many Premium Formats will be shown/up for PO at this year's SDCC?

I just want an idea of what I'm in for.

Thanks!
Around 13/14 PFs possible for the show but very few of those will be up for Pre-Order...most will be announcements/previews for SDCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Thank you for the answer, as unfortunate as it may be. Can I ask what adjustment you are referring to regarding the Kylo Ren PF? It is still showing a shipping cost of $90, free for USA customers, same as it was upon going up for pre-order.
Some countries had adjustments but I can't recall which ones off the top of my head. I just know some were adjusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
Alex, why couldn't the light up feature be added during production? wouldn't that be the place as to where to figure out how it should be done?

isn't it just a matter of adding the light up feature and engineering the wiring? if adding the wiring for the lightsabers as you guys have done in the past is becoming an issue (not working returns). why not have the light sabers light up like they do for the Hot Toys light sabers? where the battery is in the hilt of the saber itself. no wiring or jacks to plug into. and it's juts a matter of pushing a button on the sabers. could this be a possibility? if Hot Toys can do it for a 1/6th scale figure i would think you guys could figure out a way to do it for the premium formats.
Many light-up features are engineered/added during the production of a piece. Adding light-up features does involve adding the wires in (by re-engineering how the wires would run through a piece to it's connection points. So this can sometimes mean a different key system has to be done, hollowing out areas have to be done, etc).

Adding light-ups will occur if it's possible...especially for items with light sabers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaMitchell View Post
Have a good vacation, Alex.

Any update about when we are supposed to see that new Batman villain Igo teased a while ago?
Soon...that's all I can say. Should be soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
In the YouTube comments section for the Darth Vader Lord of the Sith PF, a rep from SS stated that the chest and belt are battery. Does Sideshow supply batteries in the PF or do I need to buy them? If batteries are not included, what type of battery do I need to purchase? Thank you for any information you can provide.
Yes, batteries will be supplied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobracumander View Post
If a statue Pre-Order isn't on monthly Flexpayment can i still pay it off in one payment?
If an item is Pre-Ordered as a full payment Pre-Order it would be paid off in one payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
Hi Alex!
With the last minute cancellation of your attendance on Power-Con, the absence of MotU items on SDCC and even the exclusive variants of the MotU statues being not sold out yet, are there even more MotU statues in development or is Evil-Lyn the last one?
There are more in development but probably would not be done/available for Pre-Order in 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Alex
Do you know/can you tell us if sideshow have plans for watchmen statues?
Thanks in advance!!!
We do not have any plans for Watchmen Statues.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #4973
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Hey Alex,

Enjoy your vacation!

I was wondering about the weight listed for the new Darth Maul PF. It says 6 lbs. Does that seen light weight or is that an early estimate.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #4974
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Hey Alex,

Enjoy your vacation!

I was wondering about the weight listed for the new Darth Maul PF. It says 6 lbs. Does that seen light weight or is that an early estimate.
All Pre-Order items are estimates for weight until we get really close to the piece actually shipping (then all final dims are known/put into place on the site). The new Darth Maul PF doesn't have a huge base/environment with him, so it's going to be lighter than say the Sandtrooper PF. I have a feeling he might end up being a little heavier then the current estimate on the site but again, we won't know that until final dims arrive to us.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #4975
Supa_ger
Doh!

Enjoy France, lots of fun stuff going on with the Soccer Euros!
Supa_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:10 AM   #4976
Hemooo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hi Alex,
any news about the EX for Prime1 TMNT 90 set? Prime1 is saying Sideshow will determine the ES
Hemooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:10 AM   #4977
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Hey Alex,

the last few X-men statues (Brown Wolverine and Dark Phoenix, and Sabretooth) all have the silver base.. will this continue with the next few X-men releases and whats the vision with this particular line.. im hoping there will be lots more
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:04 AM   #4978
BurningRage
The Maxx

When does the double reward points offer expire for the Voltron maquette?
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:32 AM   #4979
FJC
Midnighter

Enjoy your trip Alex. Are you staying in Paris for all 3 weeks or will you be traveling to other parts of Europe? I've been lucky enough to have taken many trips to Europe and seen many different countries. I can't even begin to tell you how beautiful and wonderful the experience was. Have FUN!
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:10 PM   #4980
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey SSALEX,

Just curious if Sidehsow plans to continue on the 1/2 scale Alien/ Predator bust lines? The Elder looked amazing before it was scrapped. Id also love to see an Alien3 half scale bust as well.

Thanks for your reply in advance!

- Planeswalker
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote