Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-10-2016, 07:54 PM   #41
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I won't lie, my first impression was holy ---- $350-$400 for 1/9 scale, but I am always preaching about getting what you pay for etc and that indeed includes the smaller scales of collectibles. As long as the approved factory doesn't fart around then I can believe that price is justified. That's alot of paint work involved... gonna be hard to not get sloppy at times.

I like Owen fine. He's actually the first human JP character that I give a damn about. I mean, the humans have been fine it's not like I dislike them except for the damn kids in every movie that I root for to get eaten. But I equate Owen to like....Han Solo or Neo or Dutch, just to name a few old school characters. He's a likeable character. I would not mind owning statues of Owen or involving Owen(like this)I'm just not sure Owen is high enough on the priority list to go after statues of his at this point in time.

Hell, I wouldn't even buy a figure or statue of Han Solo right now, and that's Han Solo. *shrug* But Owen + Blue tempts me. Probably already have my money if it included all the raptors.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:29 PM   #42
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

No interest in Jurassic World, only Jurassic Park, but this looks fantastic. The fact that people are doing a double take at the scale shows just how amazing the detail and paint work is. It has the quality of a much larger piece, which makes it worth the price in my book. Soo damn excited for the Nedry / Dilophosaurus and Raptors in the kitchen dioramas, assuming they're going to be the same scale.
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:18 PM   #43
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Lol And the typical statueforum bs response and ass kissing. I doubt you'd act the same way with someone that had nothing to offer you. Get real.
Lol whats that even mean.... Yact how exactly?... You mean not an entitled doosh. I'm not even going to purchase this line but know what it takes to create something like this from start to finish, first hand, and appreciate a nice piece with out needing to find something wrong with everything.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:28 PM   #44
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
I won't lie, my first impression was holy ---- $350-$400 for 1/9 scale, but I am always preaching about getting what you pay for etc and that indeed includes the smaller scales of collectibles. As long as the approved factory doesn't fart around then I can believe that price is justified. That's alot of paint work involved... gonna be hard to not get sloppy at times.

I like Owen fine. He's actually the first human JP character that I give a damn about. I mean, the humans have been fine it's not like I dislike them except for the damn kids in every movie that I root for to get eaten. But I equate Owen to like....Han Solo or Neo or Dutch, just to name a few old school characters. He's a likeable character. I would not mind owning statues of Owen or involving Owen(like this)I'm just not sure Owen is high enough on the priority list to go after statues of his at this point in time.

Hell, I wouldn't even buy a figure or statue of Han Solo right now, and that's Han Solo. *shrug* But Owen + Blue tempts me. Probably already have my money if it included all the raptors.
I would say the same, except mine would be Muldoon and his SPAS hunting/getting hunted in the woods with a JP1 raptor(and in 1/4!) more than wanting an Owen/Blue combo. It does look nice though and I still might get it.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:26 PM   #45
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

The detail on this is incredible. Excellent work, Chronicle. This may be my next pre-order.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:11 AM   #46
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
Lol whats that even mean.... Yact how exactly?... You mean not an entitled doosh. I'm not even going to purchase this line but know what it takes to create something like this from start to finish, first hand, and appreciate a nice piece with out needing to find something wrong with everything.
Blah blah blah... Recycled garbage post. Tell me something we all haven't read before. If you appreciate the piece, say so, without inserting the repetitions"same ol "bs post" you claim to get annoyed seeing. You're still ass kissing, playing up your douchebaggery, elitist collector attitude to Paul like you're going to win a prize. I like the piece, but i dont like owen there. Big whoop. Find something else to complain about than complaining about something so small as what i just stated and responding with the typical jab comment. Moving on now.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 01:50 AM   #47
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Blah blah blah... Recycled garbage post. Tell me something we all haven't read before. If you appreciate the piece, say so, without inserting the repetitions"same ol "bs post" you claim to get annoyed seeing. You're still ass kissing, playing up your douchebaggery, elitist collector attitude to Paul like you're going to win a prize. I like the piece, but i dont like owen there. Big whoop. Find something else to complain about than complaining about something so small as what i just stated and responding with the typical jab comment. Moving on now.
please I replied to your one comment since I sensed butthurt... my initial comment wasnt directed directly at you but the several that where posted. The third or 4th comment was something about the weight being to light. It gets old, just take a look at the Rs thread in the SS section. literally pages of people searching for things to find to complain on.

Im not ass kissing by any means just because I wont search for a fault or its not the way I would do it since thats essentially useless since the statue is done at this point. Dooshy maybe but far from an elitist by any means haha
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:38 AM   #48
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
please I replied to your one comment since I sensed butthurt... my initial comment wasnt directed directly at you but the several that where posted. The third or 4th comment was something about the weight being to light. It gets old, just take a look at the Rs thread in the SS section. literally pages of people searching for things to find to complain on.

Im not ass kissing by any means just because I wont search for a fault or its not the way I would do it since thats essentially useless since the statue is done at this point. Dooshy maybe but far from an elitist by any means haha
Very well. My apologies then for the misunderstanding. But seriously. Theres always going to be someone here to nitpick. Even on facebook groups. Ive learned to just ignore or leave the groups altogether, seeing as most just suck the fun out of the hobby. You just gotta take it with a grain of salt. Who cares. Just as long as youre happy. Nothing else matters.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:55 AM   #49
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Jurassic World 1:9 Owen & Blue Pre-Order Announcement.

Friday December 16th at 12pm CST.

1:9 Scale 11" x 8" x 8" 3 lbs.

Owen enlists the help of Blue to fight the Indominus Rex.

This pose was inspired by the Entertainment Weekly photo. We worked closely with Universal and ILM to get this piece absolutely perfect.

This piece is pending licensor approval and could change slightly regarding the paint work during production. As soon as we get the production sample approved we will change out the photos on the website to reflect any new changes.

We are excited to bring you our first Jurassic World statue.

$349.99 Pre-Order price $400 regular retail price after 30 days.

All payment plan options apply up to ten months interest free.

This piece will sell like hot cakes.Great job Chronicle!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #50
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Man it would be nice to have one thread here that didn't devolve into arguments.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote