Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-25-2023, 12:29 PM   #41
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The pose of Batman's lower body is terribly awkward and unnatural. It seems like Batman is deliberately pushing his crotch/groin forward with his legs wide open. It is inconsistent with the pose of the upper body. Very weird.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 01:07 PM   #42
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Yep, just got confirmation that this is indeed 1/4.
Yes! Bring on the 1/4!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 02:04 PM   #43
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 02:54 PM   #44
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

A few alternate portraits...I dig the crocodile head

IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 03:27 PM   #45
majestic1
Marshal Law
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
They must have used that Batman head sculpt 10 times already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
The pose of Batman's lower body is terribly awkward and unnatural. It seems like Batman is deliberately pushing his crotch/groin forward with his legs wide open. It is inconsistent with the pose of the upper body. Very weird.
One of my major issues with P1 is that the vast majority of their pieces look like they have been made by an AI sculpting program, reusing assets for sculpts and generally having that same soulless feeling to them, that's one thing that Sideshow still has over P1 in my opinion, SS pieces actually look like an art director & scupltor has worked on it rather than an AI sculpt bot.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 03:48 PM   #46
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
One of my major issues with P1 is that the vast majority of their pieces look like they have been made by an AI sculpting program, reusing assets for sculpts and generally having that same soulless feeling to them, that's one thing that Sideshow still has over P1 in my opinion, SS pieces actually look like an art director & scupltor has worked on it rather than an AI sculpt bot.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Prime 1 does use some kind of AI script to help them get started on a lot of pieces. I agree that many of their statues, especially the Batman ones, just look like they've been repurposed and altered in a 3D model program. They are very soulless.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 05:57 PM   #47
xb24
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Agree. I like Sideshow's design, art direction, and paint choices than XM or Prime 1. The main flaw is that their finished statue appears 1080p compared to XM or P1's razor sharp 4K quality.
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 10:51 AM   #48
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I think they mess up with Batman's portrait pretty much looking the same in each statue. If you look at SS's Batman portraits they give him more variations, maybe not vastly but enough where it looks like different artist made him rather than P1's look mostly like the same person did them all.

I don't hate this statue but dislike how Killer croc looks kinda wimpy
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 03:32 PM   #49
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The head with the rebreather mask looks very cool though, that's the one I'd display. Batman being a boss lol
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 06:53 AM   #50
Sjb
Justice League

So glad this is 1/4 scale. Planning to make this the center piece for my Batman 1/4 scale rogues collection, which is currently missing Killer Croc. Love that he is standing over Croc, which will make him tower above all the rogues. Propped up and standing to Batman’s left will be Batwoman and Huntress. Propped up and standing to his right will be Batgirl and Robin. Still waiting on a 1/4 Riddler to complete the collection.
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote