Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 09-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #41
jsnchrry
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Come on, we are regulated all over the place for things we dont complian about. Speed limits, licenses to drive, rules for home modernization, I could go on. The argument has to do with what level of regulation can we get the majority of people to agree to without a ruckuss. Regulations are meant for the "greater good" of a nation. States have different regulations as each states citizens have differing views of the acceptable level of regulations.

Some think this "level" of regulation (eg 16 oz limit) is for the greater good and some dont, thinking it goes to far into the personal freedoms. I am not totally decided but i am leaning to, "i dont care one way or the other".

By the way, regulations are laws.
I'm all for healthier eating habits but forcing them on the general population is rediculous. The answer to this problem of obesity in America lies with education at an early age. I think changing the school meals in elementary and high schools would be a great first step for healthier future generation of Americans.
jsnchrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:09 AM   #42
isculpt
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Eh...don't really care. I understand the principle behind it might be slap worthy but I'd lie if I said I didn't like the benefits.
isculpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:37 AM   #43
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Those drinks are garbage true but won't folks just buy two if they want more?

Also if you buy them in smaller sizes they won't warm up so much when ya get down a ways. Much better. I'd rather drink 3 - 16 oz that are cool than 1 - 32 oz that goes to room temperature. Looks like I'll be drinking more junk if I go to NYC
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:08 AM   #44
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Although these drinks are just empty calories, obesity comes from eating a heck of a lot too, so it won't actually do anything.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #45
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
Although these drinks are just empty calories, obesity comes from eating a heck of a lot too, so it won't actually do anything.
Very true and that reminds me if I'm drinking some extra 16 oz sodas I will need an extra large tub of popcorn to break the monotony and build up a thirst for all that sugary liquid. Double extra butter with loads of salt should help too.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #46
Crossbonez74
I am da law!

I dont generally drink sugary sodas but feel it isnt for the government to mandate this to the American public.
Crossbonez74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #47
MrYac
Hercules

so now if i'm on a long drive through new york i better make sure my car has 8 cup holders or else i'll have to make several different stops for a drink to last along the way?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #48
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
so now if i'm on a long drive through new york i better make sure my car has 8 cup holders or else i'll have to make several different stops for a drink to last along the way?
There are these cool things called coolers that can hold some ice and a six pack of drinks that work great on a long trip.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #49
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
There are these cool things called coolers that can hold some ice and a six pack of drinks that work great on a long trip.
Mr. Yac can't open an ice chest all that easily; hooves don't come with thumbs, don'tchaknow?

Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #50
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
oh ok, so it makes more sense for me to pack a cooler and a bag of ice then it does to just be able to act like an adult and buy the beverage size i feel is appropriate, got it
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote