Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 12-25-2016, 04:02 AM   #41
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
God damn, I'm used to Ecc pieces being expensive but that is f*#king ridiculous! I was thinking more like $1300 tops. They should've lost the melted gremlin it's looks awkward on the base anyway and adds unnecessary cost. This will work out to at least £2000 in the uk which is a decent amount amount more that what I paid for the Rosenberg bust and that's just insane, the difference in engineering and detail on the two pieces is night and day. Unless the licence cost an absolute fortune I can't see this as anything but price gouging very disappointed in Ecc :
Agreed.Beautifull piece,ridiculous price.
I was expecting something close to $1200.
I'm out.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:45 PM   #42
qz33
Graviton

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I think the quality is off the charts, but I find the oversized turntable of a base and melting Gremlin excessive and unnecessary.

This is a lotta of money for what it is... a $2000 Gizmo statue
Really surprised to hear the comments of some not liking the Gremlin especially SHOGUN's. I think it captures the juxtaposition of Gizmo's cuddliness with the Gremlins' disgustingness.

Still too much for what it is. Even on their website they try to stretch it calling it 14 inches and 16 inches tall on the same page!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:31 AM   #43
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Really surprised to hear the comments of some not liking the Gremlin especially SHOGUN's. I think it captures the juxtaposition of Gizmo's cuddliness with the Gremlins' disgustingness.

Still too much for what it is. Even on their website they try to stretch it calling it 14 inches and 16 inches tall on the same page!
It's not that I don't like the Gremlin, I believe this product would've been MUCH better received if it was a stand alone Gizmo with a simple museum-style base about the size of a small dinner plate. I think ECC tried to do a bit too much with this piece. The Melting Gremlin is cool but from my perspective that creature and enlarged base to accommodate the Gremlin added at least $500 to the price of this piece. Collectors are going to need a considerable amount of shelf space to display this piece...the base is 26" wide X 22" deep!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 02:14 PM   #44
qz33
Graviton

True. Maybe they should have gone for separate Gizmo and Gremlin pieces. The sales for this may prevent any future products from the license.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:37 PM   #45
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Personally I like the piece as is. The melted Gremlin works perfectly given Gizmo is getting his Rambo on. Plus it's something unique and different as opposed to just another interpretation of Gizmo by himself. That said I'm just not seeing the justification for this price point and it isn't just this piece it's really the entire hobby in general.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:21 PM   #46
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm just not seeing the justification for this price point and it isn't just this piece it's really the entire hobby in general.
Hear, hear. We're reaching a breaking point.

Now I picture people reading this post in two years' time and laughing at how good we had it back then.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #47
qz33
Graviton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Hear, hear. We're reaching a breaking point.

Now I picture people reading this post in two years' time and laughing at how good we had it back then.
Nah there won't be anyone left, everyone will be broke.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:20 PM   #48
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm just not seeing the justification for this price point and it isn't just this piece it's really the entire hobby in general.
i agree. The prices are out of control.

Lots of people were rejoicing over the $699 price tag for the Sideshow Bane PF. I'm thinking to myself thats actually still a ---- ton of money.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:40 PM   #49
sharpnel
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Everyone has their limit regardless of how great the piece is. What will push us beyond that is how bad you want it. Companies have their own justification and gain. For me, if this is the best representation in the market, that would be my decision to buy or not. Don't think they care about our wallet unless their sell is impacted.
sharpnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:54 AM   #50
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Purchased this right when I received the email, purchase time was 12:05 PM, anyone get earlier than me ? Received email at 12:02 PM by the way.
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote