Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-07-2022, 02:50 PM   #41
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
An ultimate version with 3 torsos, I can?t wait to see how much they charge for that.
with shipping too, im just honestly curious how outrageous its going to be but if nothing else hulk collectors are dedicated
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 03:19 PM   #42
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
No Neck seams please
Read the first post.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 05:04 PM   #43
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
New tease.

Looks great - very intense - super intrigued by this!

Really hope they engineer it to keep the weight down like their 1/3 Cap - if they don?t this will be so heavy!

Very glad they’re providing options - really necessary given the diverse look Hulk has had over the years.
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:45 AM   #44
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Some new info posted on FB, the three torso options will be be Kirby, Alex Ross and LBS own 'enraged' version.
Old 02-08-2022, 09:45 AM   #45
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Alex Ross? He's never been known as a Hulk artist. I sure hope there is a 70s Hulk look with long hair. Kirby Hulk is not what I'm looking for.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 10:15 AM   #46
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Alex Ross? He's never been known as a Hulk artist. I sure hope there is a 70s Hulk look with long hair. Kirby Hulk is not what I'm looking for.
Yeah Ross seems a strange choice indeed, this info isn't offically confirmed by LBS but this was posted by someone on the LBS FB group page who claims they have seen the statue and it wasn't disputed by the owner.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:35 PM   #47
nearmint
Phoenix

Ross did 50 covers for The Immortal Hulk.

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 04:05 PM   #48
Biggunz
Loki

Need more update
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 04:52 PM   #49
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm really hoping that this is my definitive Hulk that I've been waiting years for someone to make. I think in this scale he'll be a perfect fit for the 1/4 size. I think it will give him that size differential that I'd like to see when Hulk is pose with other Marvel characters.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:12 PM   #50
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Yeah Ross seems a strange choice indeed, this info isn't offically confirmed by LBS but this was posted by someone on the LBS FB group page who claims they have seen the statue and it wasn't disputed by the owner.

Aside from the Immortal Hulk covers, both LBS Captain America and Thor have always had a very Alex Ross-like feel to them for me. Like they could have used the same models that Ross typically uses, and then idealized that reference in a similar way that Ross usually does. The museum poses (and dialed down, stoic expressions) play into it too.

It goes beyond just getting a sense of realism to the portrait. There is still stylization there, it's just in a much more subtle form.

It's interesting that they separate Ross from their own interpretation. I'd expected the Ross-ian one would have been their interpretation, with a classic, neanderthal browed Kirby being an obvious alternative.

I would have loved to have seen Sal Buscema and the 70's era represented. That's the era I grew up reading and it's the one I'm most nostalgic for. Like a Romita-style Spidey, there's unfortunately little interest there from the demographics that are these companies bread and butter.

After Ross and Kirby, the most obvious spot to fill would be having a wide mouth open rage Hulk. And it sounds like that's exactly what they did.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote