Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 10-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #41
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
Same as in the article! This looks promising!
I remember reading in Fast Food Nation that most of the taste of this food is from the chemicals they add to make it smell good - 90% of what we taste is through our smell... something like that anyways...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #42
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
Same as in the article! This looks promising!
yeah I found that interesting maybe its not a fraud we will see I doubt I leave this sitting out 6 months or a year but at least a month to see if anything happens. If it does not breakdown or mold in a month thats bad enuff LOL
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #43
rychehitman
Galactus

Just a thought here Batfan.....

How about placing a hamburger made from the grill next to the happy mean burger to compare / contrast the two....?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:54 AM   #44
ratchet
Mandarin

How much rotting food do you think we could get Batfan to collect on his counters?
Old 10-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #45
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
How much rotting food do you think we could get Batfan to collect on his counters?
nooo more LOL I would put a reg burger somewhere BUT I have no grill I loaned my stainless steel grill to a buddy last year for the superbowl and he has never brought it back LOL I told him the other day he needs to just pay me for it. Cause hell I dont even remeber what it looks like I had only had it like 3 months when he borrowed it.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #46
The Batfan

Day 3 of Happy Meal experiment

Old 10-17-2010, 07:54 PM   #47
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It's still looking good.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:01 AM   #48
majestic1
Marshal Law
Adamantium Member

"With meats, the primary reason why they don't decompose is their high sodium content. Salt is a great preservative, as early humans have known for thousands of years. McDonald's meat patties are absolutely loaded with sodium -- so much so that they qualify as "preserved" meat, not even counting the chemicals you might find in the meat.

To me, there's not much mystery about the meat not decomposing. The real question in my mind is why don't the buns mold? That's the really scary part, since healthy bread begins to mold within days. What could possibly be in McDonald's hamburger buns that would ward off microscopic life for more than two decades?

As it turns out, unless you're a chemist you probably can't even read the ingredients list out loud. Here's what McDonald's own website says you'll find in their buns:

Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzymes), water, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, yeast, soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated soybean oil, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, wheat gluten, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate, datem, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, guar gum, calcium peroxide, soy flour), calcium propionate and sodium propionate (preservatives), soy lecithin.

Great stuff, huh? You gotta especially love the HFCS (diabetes, anyone?), partially-hydrogenated soybean oil (anybody want heart disease?) and the long list of chemicals such as ammonium sulfate and sodium proprionate. Yum. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Now here's the truly shocking part about all this: In my estimation, the reason nothing will eat a McDonald's hamburger bun (except a human) is because it's not food!

No normal animal will perceive a McDonald's hamburger bun as food, and as it turns out, neither will bacteria or fungi. To their senses, it's just not edible stuff. That's why these bionic burger buns just won't decompose."

"Which brings me to my final point about this whole laughable distraction: There is only one species on planet Earth that's stupid enough to think a McDonald's hamburger is food. This species is suffering from skyrocketing rates of diabetes, cancer, heart disease, dementia and obesity. This species claims to be the most intelligent species on the planet, and yet it behaves in such a moronic way that it feeds its own children poisonous chemicals and such atrocious non-foods that even fungi won't eat it (and fungi will eat cow manure, just FYI).

Care to guess which species I'm talking about?

That's the real story here. It's not that McDonald's hamburgers won't decompose; it's that people are stupid enough to eat them. But you won't find CNN reporting that story any time soon."

Heres the full article : http://www.naturalnews.com/030074_Ha...decompose.html
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #49
ratchet
Mandarin

"Which brings me to my final point about this whole laughable distraction: There is only one species on planet Earth that's stupid enough to think a McDonald's hamburger is food. This species is suffering from skyrocketing rates of diabetes, cancer, heart disease, dementia and obesity. This species claims to be the most intelligent species on the planet, and yet it behaves in such a moronic way that it feeds its own children poisonous chemicals and such atrocious non-foods that even fungi won't eat it (and fungi will eat cow manure, just FYI)."

I love this part!
Old 10-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #50
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Fast food is just that one of the fastest ways to hurt yourself.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote