Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Costume Corner

Old 11-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #41
ms_ventress
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

wow lotsa questions.

Ok for the modeling thing... this is such a little girl thing, but I always wanted to be famous... modeling, acting, singing.... but I was given the short stick on all three, I am only 5'2". can't carry a note to save my life, and everytime I try and act my eyes get all watery... so next best thing... would be making costumes... I guess.
A cool thing happened to me at Dragon Con though... I posted this in the Sideshow Forum... I went to see Adam Hughes booth in Artist Alley and he saw me and called me over and said that he had used my picture when I was dressed up as Slave Leia as refernce for a drawing he was doing, and he remembered me from Celebration 3 in my Asajj Ventress costume...

Just to let you guys know that I do collect statues and use them for reference for all my costumes that I own. Statues and busts and action figures I find are the best reference since they are already in a 3-D form, unlike drawings... which can be good sometimes.

THE WINGS... I designed the harness myself... I did not want the wings to fail at all while I was wearing them and they stood up to a huge crowd at a dance club, no feathers were lost and I took alot of hits from drunk girls barging their way through the club.

The top just fits right over top and there is a flap of yellow material that goes overtop of the back of the wings so it just looks like two separate wings jutting out from the back.

GI JOE costume - I actually thought of making a GI Joe costume, but not Baroness, I actually wanted to make the Jinx costume... (red ninja girl).

My next superhero costume I am thinking of building is Huntress. Its going to be a challenge.. I can already see that... :P
ms_ventress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:23 AM   #42
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ventress View Post
My next superhero costume I am thinking of building is Huntress. Its going to be a challenge.. I can already see that... :P
Quite a talent you have there. Jim Lee Huntress?
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:51 AM   #43
ms_ventress
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

yep, Jim Lee version
ms_ventress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #44
freaky yves
U talkin' to me?

great stuff
freaky yves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #45
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Can't wait to see the Jinx and Huntress costumes you make next!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:04 PM   #46
McHaleyArt
Artist
Producer

Quote:
I went to see Adam Hughes booth in Artist Alley and he saw me and called me over and said that he had used my picture when I was dressed up as Slave Leia as refernce for a drawing he was doing, and he remembered me from Celebration 3 in my Asajj Ventress costume...
I hope Adam gave you a sketch or something.
McHaleyArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #47
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
wow lotsa questions.

Ok for the modeling thing... this is such a little girl thing, but I always wanted to be famous... modeling, acting, singing.... but I was given the short stick on all three, I am only 5'2". can't carry a note to save my life, and everytime I try and act my eyes get all watery... so next best thing... would be making costumes... I guess.
A cool thing happened to me at Dragon Con though... I posted this in the Sideshow Forum... I went to see Adam Hughes booth in Artist Alley and he saw me and called me over and said that he had used my picture when I was dressed up as Slave Leia as refernce for a drawing he was doing, and he remembered me from Celebration 3 in my Asajj Ventress costume...

Just to let you guys know that I do collect statues and use them for reference for all my costumes that I own. Statues and busts and action figures I find are the best reference since they are already in a 3-D form, unlike drawings... which can be good sometimes.

THE WINGS... I designed the harness myself... I did not want the wings to fail at all while I was wearing them and they stood up to a huge crowd at a dance club, no feathers were lost and I took alot of hits from drunk girls barging their way through the club.

The top just fits right over top and there is a flap of yellow material that goes overtop of the back of the wings so it just looks like two separate wings jutting out from the back.

GI JOE costume - I actually thought of making a GI Joe costume, but not Baroness, I actually wanted to make the Jinx costume... (red ninja girl).

I hate to repeat myself.

HOT HOT HOT.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:37 PM   #48
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca View Post
I hate to repeat myself.

HOT HOT HOT.
Oh Coca, we just knew you would hit on her!!!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #49
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I surprised we haven't heard from Wolverine1 yet.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:49 PM   #50
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Hey I have to hit on someone.Tony Pernas already spoken for.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote