Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #41
addic
The X-Men

Yeah, it is not about Jerry not making awesome statues. He definitely does.

But if a company wants me to spend premium money on their pieces then it needs more then awesome, premium statues. Its the whole experience from an awesome shopping experience with a working website over getting your orders delivered in time up to being taken care of professionally in case of problems. And like I said before inconsistency within the different lines is simply another thing hurting this experience.

I mean...come on...why making 1:4 Klassics Mileena and Jade but not making Kitana? What about the mixed media Skeletor? I will forever look at my He-Man and Battlecat Combo (when finally having it in hand after probably 2 years of waiting) missing Skeletor.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:34 PM   #42
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Jerry is an artist first and also a fan himself so of course he wants to make things he enjoys ...I also think he likes making what fans want as long as its not going to financially hurt his business ...I see him here answering fans and customers regularly which is rare in this business from what I've seen
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #43
Hevy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I think I'll have to disagree with what you said. I usually let people fight their own battles, but Jerry and his team definitely deserve some props. As far as I can tell he has two basic business philosophies that guide his decisions

1) What do I think is awesome
2) What do I think people think is awesome, and is also feasible to do?

PCS is very good about doing one or both of these. Projects seem to be done sometimes if Jerry himself really likes the character and wants to see it happen (the werewolves and many of the 1:3 and busts), and otherwise he tries to work out what fan favorites are feasible to do.

I also noticed something he commonly does is use a popular character to bolster profits needed to fuel a less popular character. So this way you get the mainstream fan favorites as well as the cult favorites. It makes a lot of sense to me.

If this is truly MK9 Kitana again, it may be because her design is popular. And to be honest, most of her designs are pretty similar. The MKX one really stands out to me, but a lot of those designs have a different mood to them.

Bless your heart.
Hevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:15 AM   #44
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevy View Post

Bless your heart.
I've asked Jerry about pieces directly "subsidizing" other endeavors, but it doesn't really work that way for him/PCS. Business models may vary.

Indirectly, it should though, as one statue's success "keeps the lights on", so that more product can come, but I wouldn't count on "OK, 'popular' X did really well, so now we can do 'obscure' Y".
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:30 AM   #45
qz33
Baron Zemo

I still think this may have both variations.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:31 AM   #46
Hevy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I've asked Jerry about pieces directly "subsidizing" other endeavors, but it doesn't really work that way for him/PCS. Business models may vary.

Indirectly, it should though, as one statue's success "keeps the lights on", so that more product can come, but I wouldn't count on "OK, 'popular' X did really well, so now we can do 'obscure' Y".
I think the surprises is what does damage.
Forget those, they don't work.

Have a schedulle so collectors can look forward to things and try collect them all.

Random statues here n there is a much poorer buisness choice then having a solid set line up.
That's fact.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:27 AM   #47
Mitch07137
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

It's only been teased so far... Hold on to your pants
Mitch07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:13 AM   #48
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I think the surprises is what does damage.
Forget those, they don't work.

Have a schedulle so collectors can look forward to things and try collect them all.

Random statues here n there is a much poorer buisness choice then having a solid set line up.
That's fact.
It's a fact? I'm not so sure.

I would certainly like a schedule, as I'm someone who likes analyzing and planning. But it's simply not the way Jerry approaches product release info. That's his prerogative, and I do think there's something to it, in this industry. Drama, hype, anticipation...it's commonplace for collectibles.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:04 AM   #49
Hevy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
It's a fact? I'm not so sure.

I would certainly like a schedule, as I'm someone who likes analyzing and planning. But it's simply not the way Jerry approaches product release info. That's his prerogative, and I do think there's something to it, in this industry. Drama, hype, anticipation...it's commonplace for collectibles.
You're definately right about that, there does need to be hype etc.
But you can still have all those with a solid line-up instead of a random one.

Right now, the way i see it, PCS is only selling characters they think will sell.
Which is fair enough if you take that statement as it is but had there been a solid complete line up, any character would be sellable.
I truly believe that.

I wish we knew whats goin on with the Klassic line for example.
Or the 1/3 lines.
Would be nice to know the direction in which lines are going, officially.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #50
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
You're definately right about that, there does need to be hype etc.
But you can still have all those with a solid line-up instead of a random one.

Right now, the way i see it, PCS is only selling characters they think will sell.
Which is fair enough if you take that statement as it is but had there been a solid complete line up, any character would be sellable.
I truly believe that.

I wish we knew whats goin on with the Klassic line for example.
Or the 1/3 lines.
Would be nice to know the direction in which lines are going, officially.
I agree. I would pick up a some not so popular characters in order to support a line that I enjoy if it means getting getting more characters out of it. Not knowing the future plans outside of one or two characters in the pipeline can be annoying. This goes for any company. If you have a license just tell us what the plans are. I don't understand why things always have to be top secret.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote