Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #41
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Jon View Post
I think he does deserve to hang but wouldn't it be best to let him rot in a tiny little cell somewhere very remote? (and well guarded)
Nope. In Saddam's case, dead is much, much better.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:52 PM   #42
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
Also, the problem with using gang-bangers is, they would not only deface the military uniforms, but chances are they'd probably wind up poppin' caps in each other and not the enemy.
Also, they're probably the last people in America who would blindly follow orders. The last thing we need are more charges of rape, murder and torture at Americans' hands.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #43
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Also, they're probably the last people in America who would blindly follow orders. The last thing we need are more charges of rape, murder and torture at Americans' hands.
True that, Neil.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:14 PM   #44
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Hey i`m from the mindset if you kill them you don`t have to worry about them escaping.
I`m tired of my tax dollars being used to house prisoners who get out do a crime and get caught again.
Here`s an idea how about we put a bunch of convicts and gangbangers on the front line.
Quote:
I'm all for the "Dirty Dozen" offer to pay off their debt to society. 'Course I wouldn't do it with killers and rapists. If they made it back alive and were integrated back into society, they'd go back to their old ways. I'd just extend the offer it to white collar criminals, thieves, and drug offenses who got unusually long sentences.

Also, the problem with using gang-bangers is, they would not only deface the military uniforms, but chances are they'd probably wind up poppin' caps in each other and not the enemy. :eek:

That has been done. Though not forcefully by the military or the police. There was a big report on this a couple of months ago about the amount of gangmembers in the military specifically those of the Chicago area (Disciples being the biggest in Iraq) that had joined. You could see Chicago gang grafitti all over the wartorn areas.

Also it was stated that gang leaders back here at home were "ordering" their members to join to gain military experience so when they got back they would be more educated as to how to fight "their" enemy in our hometowns.

Rival gangs surprisingly work well with hardly any problems they said. Also alot of them have tried shipping piece by piece weapons to their gangs back home. It would be hard to police your own military like that to stop them from what could possibly be worse once they all get home...

I'm all for having him die before the new year really. Start out fresh.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #45
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Whatever the outcome, this will go down as one of the world events that you will never forget.
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #46
lord odin

Quote:
I'm all for the "Dirty Dozen" offer to pay off their debt to society. 'Course I wouldn't do it with killers and rapists. If they made it back alive and were integrated back into society, they'd go back to their old ways. I'd just extend the offer it to white collar criminals, thieves, and drug offenses who got unusually long sentences.

Quote:
Also, the problem with using gang-bangers is, they would not only deface the military uniforms, but chances are they'd probably wind up poppin' caps in each other and not the enemy.
They could be used as live minesweepers.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:57 PM   #47
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellin71 View Post
Whatever the outcome, this will go down as one of the world events that you will never forget.
Right up there with Britney Spears without panties.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:59 PM   #48
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
That has been done. Though not forcefully by the military or the police. There was a big report on this a couple of months ago about the amount of gangmembers in the military specifically those of the Chicago area (Disciples being the biggest in Iraq) that had joined. You could see Chicago gang grafitti all over the wartorn areas.

Also it was stated that gang leaders back here at home were "ordering" their members to join to gain military experience so when they got back they would be more educated as to how to fight "their" enemy in our hometowns.

Rival gangs surprisingly work well with hardly any problems they said. Also alot of them have tried shipping piece by piece weapons to their gangs back home. It would be hard to police your own military like that to stop them from what could possibly be worse once they all get home...

I'm all for having him die before the new year really. Start out fresh.
I remember reading that in the Sun-Times these guys have too much power.Larry Hoover is in prison for life and he`s still running his drug empire if he was in Russia he would have been executed years ago.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:16 PM   #49
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
I remember reading that in the Sun-Times these guys have too much power.Larry Hoover is in prison for life and he`s still running his drug empire if he was in Russia he would have been executed years ago.
Yup that's where I read it too, it was a large article. Pretty insane really. If only the system was tighter and more cohesive.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:19 PM   #50
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I wish our death sentence verdicts were carried out this fast.