Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 02-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #41
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Hey Cap's beaten Doom before.

Never judge a hero by his power level alone.

Tet, really? I mean really?

Cap and Batman would be about as useful as a bobby pin in a "real war with Doom". I understand that people like these 2 and I'm one of them, but they're after thoughts if a villain went crazy.

I appreciate the "never judge a hero by his power level", but against a properly written Doom with his magic, tech and brains. Cap or a character like Batman would be dressed in a french maid costume doing whatever Doom commands.

I'm just keeping it real...
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #42
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Since you asked.

Yeah, really!

Cap is so accustomed to fighting out of his weight class that against the real big threat, I'd sooner go to him than the Thors and the Hulks of the Marvel Universe for the win.

But I will give you that Doom's particular skill and power set makes him one of the most difficult opponents for any hero.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #43
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Hulk or Thor vs Cap should last 1 full panel and end with Cap being squished or crushed. Cap is a fan favorite and cool because he really has no powers. I get it as I'm a fan of the rodent, but when push comes to shove. They're simply outclassed in raw power. It's like the Black Panther putting the SS in a choke hold and beating him. Come on!

A character who has the power to blow up earth 10x over against a guy from a tribe in Africa?
Old 02-14-2010, 12:44 AM   #44
Roguewarrior
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Captain America?? Seriously?? If that is who is standing between Doom and world domination. Then we're screwed!
I say Captain America because like Dr Doom he is a tactician. His ability to out think his foes is legendary. He has even given Red Skull the boot a time or two. And Red Skull is at least as dangerous as Doom. Minus the magic edge of course.
Roguewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:52 AM   #45
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Dr. Doom is a cool villain - But Dr.Strange is still my fav sorcerer.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #46
Spartacus
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

great thread and posts guys!

love the discussion!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #47
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguewarrior View Post
I say Captain America because like Dr Doom he is a tactician. His ability to out think his foes is legendary. He has even given Red Skull the boot a time or two. And Red Skull is at least as dangerous as Doom. Minus the magic edge of course.

How is someone like the Red Skull as dangerous as Dr Doom? He's nowhere near his intelligence level, power level, has no magic or tech like Doom.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #48
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
How is someone like the Red Skull as dangerous as Dr Doom? He's nowhere near his intelligence level, power level, has no magic or tech like Doom.
I agree.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #49
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Doom is the villain version of Batman. IF he has enough time to plan for what he KNOWS is coming, than most writers will allow them to win because it's what's expected.

But let's be serious for a moment. If Thanos wanted to kill Doom, it would be done. Thanos is Doom to the 100th power in terms of raw power, magic (yes, Thanos has mystical abilities), intelligence, experience, psychic powers, technology... "anything you can do, I can do better!".

The same thing with the whole Batman fiasco. If it really came down to Superman or Captain Marvel or someone with a high power set wanting Batman dead, he would be dead. Hell, the Flash could approach at near light speed and throw a pebble at Batman and there's nothing Bats could do while the pebble went through his head.

The only reason Doom (or Batman) can beat anyone is that the stories are written that way. Take a realistic look at different powers and abilities within each universe and you'll see that these guys would be toast if the crap really hit the fan.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #50
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I'd take Thanos over anyone except Chuck Norris.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote