Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-24-2023, 03:24 AM   #41
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

My favourite character is already Chopper.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 08:27 AM   #42
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
My favourite character is already Chopper.
I look forward to him causing havoc.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:01 AM   #43
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Enjoyed the episodes. I just finished watching all of Clone Wars a couple days ago but just a handful of Rebels. I am currently in the process of going through Rebels.

I agree on the map. It was the only thing that had my head really scratching. An ancient map that knows where Thrawn was recently transported and is located in another galaxy. If Morgan knew it's exact location to tell Ahsoka......why has she not gone there to get it herself....and where did she learn about it, Night Sister magic? For me it's a HUGE plot hole that I hope gets filled in at some point.

Other than that I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Love seeing Ray Stevenson one last time. One of my favorite actors. Sad he died so soon.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 10:26 AM   #44
Augen
Green Arrow

I don't think the map is "here's Thrawn" so much as it shows the path the Purrgil travel as hyperspace beings. When Ezra used them in the end of Rebels he used the path to this other galaxy.

Speculating here, but my guess is Purrgil long ago were used for Hyperspace and their path was mapped out. Later species created artificial hyperspace travel to travel within the galaxy, but inter galaxy travel wasn't emphasized. They mention how this path had stories lost to legend.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:32 AM   #45
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I don't think the map is "here's Thrawn" so much as it shows the path the Purrgil travel as hyperspace beings. When Ezra used them in the end of Rebels he used the path to this other galaxy.

Speculating here, but my guess is Purrgil long ago were used for Hyperspace and their path was mapped out. Later species created artificial hyperspace travel to travel within the galaxy, but inter galaxy travel wasn't emphasized. They mention how this path had stories lost to legend.

Knowing that would have helped a bit....I need to keep making my way through Rebels.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 10:48 AM   #46
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Knowing that would have helped a bit....I need to keep making my way through Rebels.
Yeah, one aspect of criticism is one's familiarity with all the lore and story before. I cannot imagine being dropped into the show and going "who? what?" as they name drop things like "night Sister of Dathomir".

The Purrgil were seen in Season 3 of Mandalorian by Grogu, but I would guess most people would go "what are those? oh well."
Old 08-24-2023, 11:29 AM   #47
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I watched Rebels first :-)

I really enjoyed both episodes. I especially like Rosario Dawson's facial expressions. That showed more than if she said anything.

But I'm thinking about waiting until all episodes are available and then do an Ashoka marathon
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 11:57 AM   #48
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

yeah see thats the problem, too much is being left to either assume or ignore and considering its a major plot point it seems ridiculous that its not explained better. even if that is true how does she know the purrgil stayed on this path and ezra didnt direct them to go anywhere else in the now two galaxies since he can communicate with them? the more i think about it the more frustrating it is
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 12:19 PM   #49
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah see thats the problem, too much is being left to either assume or ignore and considering its a major plot point it seems ridiculous that its not explained better. even if that is true how does she know the purrgil stayed on this path and ezra didnt direct them to go anywhere else in the now two galaxies since he can communicate with them? the more i think about it the more frustrating it is
If I said "the force" would that make you more or less upset?

Old 08-24-2023, 12:48 PM   #50
SONICobra
Batman

what would the force have to do with explaining who made this map, why they made it, and how it leads to thrawn? if theyre going to anchor the first two episodes and the return of two major characters on this i dont think its too much to ask. again i LOVE animated star wars so im all for getting more filoni and the characters he created i just want to understand and not feel like im missing some huge story element
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote