Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 08-28-2005, 08:59 PM   #41
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captains of Industry
Keep checking Clay's site for updates.

I was lucky enough to get the Factory counter-sample of this statue from Clay's brother, complete with a killer paint job, so I'm set with this statue.
Yes, I distinctly remember being left in the dust on that auction. You ended up paying far more than I would ever have been willing to, but it was a sweet paint job on one hell of a sculpt!

The AP question must be the most frequently asked on the forum. We need a FAQ area.

I am hoping the new AP are different from the originals for both Maggie and Aphrodite!
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:03 PM   #42
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
The APs were announced right after I bought this one off ebay. Which ran me a little over $400. It actually seems like a bit of a slap in the face to re-release these, but what can you do? If the AP is not much different from the original, and costs around $200 or so it'll just seem like a grab for easy money. He should at least make them quite distince like Aspen did with the Soulfire platinum (and like BD is doing with Angel red, Wolvie TS, IF red, etc), so collectors could preserve the value of their original investment and have the option of owning both.

I can understand where the original owners would feel, but the talk here is that these 2 pieces will be better and improved resculpted versions of Maggie and Aphrodite, saying these will be better castings then the originals. So I guess this is worth the wait.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:14 PM   #43
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton
I am hoping the new AP are different from the originals for both Maggie and Aphrodite!
I shelled out about 1K in total for my Aphrodite FCS, and Magdalena statue before these AP's were announced, so I feel a little ticked off. Not so much with the Aphrodite because mine is very unique, but more so with the Mags. I respect Clayburn Moore as being one of the best sculptors out there, but this whole thing is a perfect example of what ticks me off in this hobby. Everyone was saying in the Bowen section that they would be ticked off if bowen released re-casts of older statues, and this is no different. It's a cash grab, nothing more, and it de-values these pieces for those who were willing to pay market value to get them for their collections.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:15 PM   #44
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Keep checking Clay's site for updates.

I was lucky enough to get the Factory counter-sample of this statue from Clay's brother, complete with a killer paint job, so I'm set with this statue.
Pix? Hoping to see how different it might be.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:24 PM   #45
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
Pix? Hoping to see how different it might be.
I could never take pics with my digital camera that would do it justice.....

Luckily, Paul Moore is a professional photographer, and takes studio pics of all his auctions.

Here are the pics he took of the actual statue. They look like stock images, but are actual pics of the piece I own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ite9statue.jpg
Old 08-28-2005, 10:31 PM   #46
Sskaaar
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
I could never take pics with my digital camera that would do it justice.....

Luckily, Paul Moore is a professional photographer, and takes studio pics of all his auctions.

Here are the pics he took of the actual statue. They look like stock images, but are actual pics of the piece I own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ite9statue.jpg
can you just tell us by highlighting the difference i.e. darker color on some area or lighter or maybe a change of color even just a tadbit difference.
Sskaaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:41 PM   #47
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssaiyan
can you just tell us by highlighting the difference i.e. darker color on some area or lighter or maybe a change of color even just a tadbit difference.
It's very hard to explain for 2 reasons: I'm not an artist, so I don't know how to properly explain subtle differences in paint, texture, etc....
And I don't have a regular piece to put side by side and compare it to.

The best way to explain it is that the piece just looks more "alive" and vibrant than the average statue. Her skin has a tone to it, with some areas being darker than others, giving it a very realistic look.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:10 AM   #48
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

This is one great statue! I'm glad I purchased one!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:25 AM   #49
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Well, looks like may end up with 2. At least I never bought any of the others that will have "APs".
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:45 AM   #50
rychehitman
Galactus

Well, I checked Moore's site, but i can't find any mention of the the A-IX AP.

Does anyone have any solid information on these in regards to order date?

If i did own one, I would be pretty hacked off if this is a straight re-issue with no clear cut differences.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote