Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-18-2005, 03:21 PM   #41
Gruson
Suicide Squad

While it's not perfect, I agree, it's DAMN good and a fine piece.

I believe you like a lot of the GG pieces, right Gir? It's a LOT more perfect than those for sure.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:41 PM   #42
Gir
Death is hereditary.

I actually don't own any Gentle Giant collectibles featuring characters with their faces exposed for that very reason. I think GG is getting better though.

It seems like most studios have trouble with human faces. I think it's more of a natural consequence of being human than a fault of the sculptors. In day to day life, we must be capable of distinguishing between hundreds or thousands of people, and we do that primarily by recalling a ridiculous amount of minute details about people's faces.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:04 PM   #43
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I agree Gir, humans are tough.

To me at least, I think Sideshow has done the best. The most recent Luke and Han pictures look really good....and I am VERY picky.

Old 06-18-2005, 06:24 PM   #44
Gir
Death is hereditary.

I'd have to see more pics of Luke, but I saw a bunch of shots of Han Solo a while back, and I was definitely impressed.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:19 PM   #45
C1eaN
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir
No...I just tell it like it is. You can pretend that it looks perfect, but it's not. The Cinemaquette figure has a better likeness, but it's not perfect either.

I eagerly await your list of "perfect" things in the world. To make it easier for you, I will allow any item in the physical world we occupy to be on the list but it must be perfect.

Since I can assume your list will comprise of....well....nothing....why is bringing the face sculpts lack of 'perfect' status to this thread? If nothing is 'perfect' why does this come as a surprise to you?

Let me say that as a future (and very excited) owner of this piece I am not being defensive of the sculpt but at my limit with posts discussing the obvious ad nauseam. Only Arnie loks like Arnie but since this started out as a block of sculpey I'd say...well done.
C1eaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:39 PM   #46
Gir
Death is hereditary.

Thanks for nitpicking my post even though you knew perfectly well what I meant. It's obviously up to you to decide how much error you are willing to reconcile.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:28 AM   #47
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

terminator attacrap.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:09 AM   #48
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1eaN
I eagerly await your list of "perfect" things in the world. To make it easier for you, I will allow any item in the physical world we occupy to be on the list but it must be perfect.

Since I can assume your list will comprise of....well....nothing....why is bringing the face sculpts lack of 'perfect' status to this thread? If nothing is 'perfect' why does this come as a surprise to you?

Let me say that as a future (and very excited) owner of this piece I am not being defensive of the sculpt but at my limit with posts discussing the obvious ad nauseam. Only Arnie loks like Arnie but since this started out as a block of sculpey I'd say...well done.

Let me know after you get it, C1eaN. I will send someone there to fix your jaws.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:57 AM   #49
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Gir,

I am curious, which statues do you own and think look good?

I am very picky myself but this Terminator piece is very nice. If it wasn't, I would have sold it right away.

I also love the Attakus Vader and Maul statues. RWOS is perfect from Sideshow as well. The new MR AT-AT (with snow base) is amazing IMO. Even Koto sandtroopers look nice...

Anyway, just wondering....to each their own but I am curious.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:18 AM   #50
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Gruson aren't you selling off alot of your LoTR pieces and some of the Attakus SW pieces?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote