Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #41
dechirico7
The Flash

I am sure they just decided to cut in some places, and forum support was part of that decision. They probably felt that they didn't need it.

I highly doubt it was due to any criticism. IF it was, well that is just silly. They brought it upon themselves with terrible production on pieces for years. It looks like they are finally trying to fix this though. Which is great. Hopefully they start working on Customer Service now. I would say that is worse than their faulty pieces.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:08 AM   #42
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
There is a balance somewhere in the middle of criticism and praise. Sometimes that balance seems hard to find in a forum on a consistent basis. Nature of the beast and all that. Someone who never says a bad word or is honest enough to verbalize when a company screws up is just as annoying in his silence as your average ranting basher.

I think honesty and good information is what people gravitate towards when they first seek out a forum. It's easy to identify the bashers, the thinkers, the super-fans, the irate customers that keep buying, etc.

All good points... but when the basher start to simply spam various threads it gets hard to find the thinkers. I know I am known as an SSC apologist by many, but then they fall short they fall short and I call them on it. Maybe not in every thread because I don't read every thread. I say when they do a good job. However, I do that any product or company I follow. I will say though that I try to follow one simple rule these days.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Don't need a balance. People should just post what they would say if the artist/sculptor/or company representative was sitting across the table from them.
and that is the rule. The simple fact is that people make these statues that we love, and they deserve the respect to not have their work slagged. Should they be called on it when they fall short, yeah, but they don't need to be told their work is garbage.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:10 AM   #43
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

$100,000 from Superman EX NRDs (I know there's more to that number, but generalizing) alone would tell me that whatever they pay for forum support here is beyond marginal. I'd have a hard time believing it was cost cutting, not saying that's definitely not the case, but it's a hard argument to believe on the outside.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:10 AM   #44
qz33
Baron Zemo

Maybe just a temporary website design issue?
Old 08-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #45
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Waiting for a late paycheck! Is that a design issue?
Old 08-21-2015, 10:15 AM   #46
SDguy

I belong to a very large reef aquarium forum, and one of the most praised, favorite online vendors just stopped their sponsored sub-forum one day. Just a business decision... there was no criticism...
Old 08-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #47
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Don't need a balance. People should just post what they would say if the artist/sculptor/or company representative was sitting across the table from them.
Words to live by! I try.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #48
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Waiting for a late paycheck! Is that a design issue?
A few months back Kotobukiya dropped down for a few days.

At the end of the discussion this is a huge advertising resource for Sideshow, whether good or bad and really there is no bad press. Seems like a lot of jumping to conclusions for a change that has only been noticied for a few hours.

I mean we all basically spam each other with hype to Sideshow's benefit here so I don't see what would really change.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:27 AM   #49
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If that was the case it would have already been addressed by a mod.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:32 AM   #50
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
If that was the case it would have already been addressed by a mod.
Koto's wasn't and like I said it has only been a few hours.
Closed Thread