Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-15-2021, 02:27 PM   #41
Westhelle
Hydra

Sounds very foolish to believe a product will sell well if done "right". The Prime1 Street Fighter statues look excellent, but I don't see anyone truly excited about them.

Also isn't it part of the fun in this hobby to talk with the community about teasers and exchange the nostalgia with eachother?
I'd love to see just an elbow of Menat and speculate with you guys what the pose might could look like.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 02:38 PM   #42
craigcliff1
Zot

I use to love to read up on statues 5-10-15 years ago, today ir's just so, so
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #43
craigcliff1
Zot

Ant stated he was going to do GI Joe SE, then stated with fees and so few collectors that would get the statue he bailed on that idea.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 03:07 PM   #44
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Sounds very foolish to believe a product will sell well if done "right". The Prime1 Street Fighter statues look excellent, but I don't see anyone truly excited about them.

Also isn't it part of the fun in this hobby to talk with the community about teasers and exchange the nostalgia with eachother?
I'd love to see just an elbow of Menat and speculate with you guys what the pose might could look like.
THAT is exactly the point. Prime1 suffers from that a lot. Tons of details, big awesome bases, good production reputation... and many utterly lifeless statues. They evoke little to no emotion or desire to own them for the asking price.. else they would be already gone.

Street Fighter is way way more popular than Asura's Wrath right? You call me when you find that statue for sale on eBay.

You date a girl for 2 years and you gonna get excited with an elbow tease? Never lose sight of the game, never.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 03:32 PM   #45
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

For anyone interested in a Rose, you might want to vote in the Rose poll in the Facebook PCS Collectors' Group. Once again Ant is checking the fan demand to see if it's a good idea to move forward on a Rose or not. Again, he's looking for at least 150 interested people.

I know there are issues with Ant being so focused on the FB responses. But in a group of 5.7K PCS dedicated or interested members, 150 should be a breeze if the interest is really there.

Although due to how FB shows things on people's feed, there's a strong chance these things aren't even showing up in interested people's timelines.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 03:33 PM   #46
qz33
Baron Zemo

Is he offering a double swimsuit alt? If so she has a chance.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:01 PM   #47
Westhelle
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
THAT is exactly the point. Prime1 suffers from that a lot. Tons of details, big awesome bases, good production reputation... and many utterly lifeless statues. They evoke little to no emotion or desire to own them for the asking price.. else they would be already gone.

Street Fighter is way way more popular than Asura's Wrath right? You call me when you find that statue for sale on eBay.

You date a girl for 2 years and you gonna get excited with an elbow tease? Never lose sight of the game, never.
Ya explain me how to quantify that "evoking emtions" factor into a business decision. That Asuras Wrath statue sure doesn't evoke anything inside me at least, eventho I can appreciate the art behind it.
Also, if that Asuras Wrath statue was such a massive success for Tsume, why did they not continue the line with a Yasha statue, who is basically the Ken in Asuras Wrath. I'm sure you can make a statue of pretty much every main character of a niche game or anime for a reasonable price and the small die hard fanbase will buy it. The so called release Ryu and Chun and drop the IP tactic.

By the way I can't find many statues on ebay I did miss out when I was still in college. Call me when you find that Bioshock Infinite statue on ebay, that was sitting for 3 years in store before going on clearance sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Elizabeth.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	136979  
Old 02-15-2021, 04:54 PM   #48
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Rose is one of my absolute favorite SF characters, but I can't imagine she will sell well. That being said they could try reaching out to Capcom and seeing if she will get a swimsuit alt for SFV and get that design from them. If they announce her swimsuit statue around the same time that the skin is revealed by Capcom, there might be a good hype push then for people to preorder. I think it is smart to do swimsuit statues and then have alts that are their normal costumes, at least for the characters that might be harder sells like Mika and Karin and Menat.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:01 PM   #49
fullscale
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
For anyone interested in a Rose, you might want to vote in the Rose poll in the Facebook PCS Collectors' Group. Once again Ant is checking the fan demand to see if it's a good idea to move forward on a Rose or not. Again, he's looking for at least 150 interested people.

I know there are issues with Ant being so focused on the FB responses. But in a group of 5.7K PCS dedicated or interested members, 150 should be a breeze if the interest is really there.

Although due to how FB shows things on people's feed, there's a strong chance these things aren't even showing up in interested people's timelines.
I'm posting those. Not Ant. We do it to gauge general interest. It's not to be seen as an order form though.
fullscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:03 PM   #50
Westhelle
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I think it is smart to do swimsuit statues and then have alts that are their normal costumes, at least for the characters that might be harder sells like Mika and Karin and Menat.
Menat will not get a swimsuit version as far as I know.