Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-02-2006, 04:59 PM   #41
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOne78
I got the whole thing on video so if you want to sit a break down the entire series I show you how the umpires blew it and gave it away to the Yanks.
Are you really saying the umpires gave that series to the Yankees? Now I've heard everything. Spoken like a true insane Met fan.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #42
OneOne78
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint
want to talk about the past?
26 championships compared to uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 2? lol

last time the mets won was in 86? and the yankees 2000? and who did the yankees beat in the series....uhmmmmm...what was that scrub team? LOLLLLLLLL
Drum rolls please......here comes the Yankee battle cry 26 - whatever. Here is what kills me about the 3 types of Yankee fans.

1). The bandwagon fans which most are! (couldn't even tell you who the 3B coach is).

2). The "Yankee Fan" - The obnoxious fan you try to have a "baseball" conversation with but can't because outside of the Yankees they don't know sh!t about baseball except "we got 26 rings and your team sucks."

3). The third type are the true fans who have knowlegde of the team and the history of baseball. My only knock against them is that there aren't enough of them around anymore.
OneOne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #43
OneOne78

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
Are you really saying the umpires gave that series to the Yankees? Now I've heard everything. Spoken like a true insane Met fan.
All I'm saying is that they blew enough calls during the series to tip the scales in the favor of the Yanks.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #44
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal
Say what you will. You wanted to talk about who made who b!tches. I'm just pointing out the biggest b!tch moment in all of sports...EVER.
You Met fans are celebrating Red Sawx victories now? How sad. You like bringing up the past? How about being the Braves eternal sons, how about getting spanked in the series by the Yankees? How about celebrating wins in May like they just clinched the pennant? How about the super cornball fans chanting Yankees suck during games against the Nationals? David Wright jumping around like a retard for hitting a glorified sacrifice fly. You would have thought he hit a walk off hr they way he was jumping around like Fisk. What a ass bag.

The truth is as great as the Mets have supposedly been were always 3 - 7 games difference in record most of time time its more like 3 or 4 and we play in the toughest division top to bottom in baseball. The Mets appear to be better than they are because the NL is so damn weak. Like I said you guys don't pick up a 3rd starter I can guarantee you won't win it all.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:10 PM   #45
OneOne78

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
Come on you know that blown calls can change the momentum of a game and even a series. Ask Jeffrey Meyer or what even the little punks name was. Ask the O's fans. I'm being realistic about it.

Not like Clemens who chucks a piece of a bat at Piazza and then states "I thought it was the ball."
Old 07-02-2006, 05:11 PM   #46
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Drum rolls please......here comes the Yankee battle cry 26 - whatever. Here is what kills me about the 3 types of Yankee fans.

1). The bandwagon fans which most are! (couldn't even tell you who the 3B coach is).

2). The "Yankee Fan" - The obnoxious fan you try to have a "baseball" conversation with but can't because outside of the Yankees they don't know sh!t about baseball except "we got 26 rings and your team sucks."

3). The third type are the true fans who have knowlegde of the team and the history of baseball. My only knock against them is that there aren't enough of them around anymore.

funny theres only one type of met fan...but i dont want to get banned saying it!
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #47
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Come on you know that blown calls can change the momentum of a game and even a series. Ask Jeffrey Meyer or what even the little punks name was. Ask the O's fans. I'm being realistic about it.

Not like Clemens who chucks a piece of a bat at Piazza and then states "I thought it was the ball."

even i thought the ball excuse was funny by clemens
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #48
OneOne78

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint
funny theres only one type of met fan...but i dont want to get banned saying it!
I dare you
Old 07-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #49
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
All I'm saying is that they blew enough calls during the series to tip the scales in the favor of the Yanks.
I've never heard that defense. There is nothing that would have helped the Mets that year. You guys were out gunned and had no pitching. You can't blame that loss on the umps, come on bro.

We bad breaks too in that series against the Sawx but it is what it is, we choked. We had Rivera on that mound 2 times and could have closed it out be we didn't. Man up, the Mets got spanked in 2000.

I think the Mets are in trouble come playoff time. Pedro & Glavine can't and won't do it alone. Unless the Met's bats are on super fire their pitching won't be enough. If the Yankees get decent pitching and our line up comes back healthy in time for the playoffs we have a chance.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #50
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

I agree that calls can change the game but I don't remember a ton off bad calls against the Mets in that series.

Hey I believe Clemens, in the heat of the game anyone could think the bat was the ball.