Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 10-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #41
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahman View Post
THanks a lot ( protector 2814 n others ) for suggesting Day by Day Armageddon.. i just finished Beyond Exile.. after devouring Day by Day last week... and Man.. Lemme say, i never read Horror fiction.. and never liked it ( except for Phantoms by Dean Koontz ) .. but i enjoyed this a lot. Can't wait for book 3 !!! Ny1 Knows when's it due??
It took Bourne years between 1 & 2, so I wouldn't hold your breath anytime soon for #3. Glad you like it. I've already cast it in my head. William Macy as the neighbor and Mathew McConaughey in the lead. I think he could finally put his Texas back to work in a film as he did in Dazed and Confused.
Check out Davis Moody's Autumn trilogy. You'll like it.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:20 AM   #42
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

I was casting arnd lookin' fr stuff to read next.. Since m in the habbit of reading 2-3 at a time.. Currently reading the Wheel of time series book 2. So, i guess i'll check out Moody's book.. Really had fun with Day by day's fast pace.
I was actually thinking of pickin up "the walking dead" omnibus.. if i cd nail one at a good price.. never thought i wd like horror... I think i like it coz it's survival.. more than horror..

McConaughey sounds abt perfect.. he's older now.. i was picturing Eric Bana somehow..
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #43
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Okay, apparently I am stupid because I plan on staying out all night in front of Best Buy for Black Friday to try and get a computer for my oldest daughter. I just bought Day by Day Armageddon off ebay to read while I am there. How long will it take to read the book? Just trying to gauge if I need to get the sequel also.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #44
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Okay, apparently I am stupid because I plan on staying out all night in front of Best Buy for Black Friday to try and get a computer for my oldest daughter. I just bought Day by Day Armageddon off ebay to read while I am there. How long will it take to read the book? Just trying to gauge if I need to get the sequel also.
4 hours tops if your power reading, and that takes into account the occasional stares and daydreaming breaks.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #45
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
4 hours tops if your power reading, and that takes into account the occasional stares and daydreaming breaks.
Thanks, went and picked up the sequel today just to be on the safe side.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #46
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Check out Davis Moody's Autumn trilogy. You'll like it.
Picked Up Autumn Yesterday...Gonna start as soon as i finish the last book of the "King Arthur" trilogy (MK Hume)
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:29 PM   #47
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Thunder and Ashes just arrived today from Amazon.com! I forgot I had it on backorder so I was really suprised when it arrived. Can't wait to dive into it over the long Christmas weekend.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #48
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Thunder and Ashes just arrived today from Amazon.com! I forgot I had it on backorder so I was really suprised when it arrived. Can't wait to dive into it over the long Christmas weekend.
Is the the 1st in the series? I couldn't figure it out reading the Amazon reviews. Needlesstosay, I'd love any feedback on this or any in the series (if there is one). I've never heard of this book.

Supahman - Let me know what you think of Autumn.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #49
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Is the the 1st in the series? I couldn't figure it out reading the Amazon reviews. Needlesstosay, I'd love any feedback on this or any in the series (if there is one). I've never heard of this book.

Supahman - Let me know what you think of Autumn.
Plague of the Dead is the first in the series. Snappa recommended it and I'm glad he did. I read it right after I finished both Day by Day books and I was not disappointed. Great characters and absolutely a fun ride. You have to check it out.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #50
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Plague of the Dead is the first in the series. Snappa recommended it and I'm glad he did. I read it right after I finished both Day by Day books and I was not disappointed. Great characters and absolutely a fun ride. You have to check it out.
Done. Ordering both now. I was wrong when I just said I hadn't heard about them. I had on this thread. Just gotta way from me. Perfect timing 'cause I'm hankering some zombie fiction.

The Winter season & Zombie Books go together so well.