Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 12-22-2007, 03:47 AM   #41
P1X4R
Producer

who knows how the corporate minds work. i guess the star wars license is much like marvel's. anyone can have one as long as you pay $$$.

yeah, it's a bit odd but i kinda fancy this one. i'm not too hot on the tie and vader though.
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 04:18 AM   #42
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R View Post
who knows how the corporate minds work. i guess the star wars license is much like marvel's. anyone can have one as long as you pay $$$.

yeah, it's a bit odd but i kinda fancy this one. i'm not too hot on the tie and vader though.
to each, his own, my friend....these pices as well as the "armless" Classic busts probably will never hit the shelves or cases at my home, but I'm sure that there are lots of others that will enjoy them in their homes....

I'll just stick with the busts, animated maquettes (Star Wars of course), and the bust ups.....although the bust ups are starting to get on my nerves a bit.......I may just have to get rid of them all,..but my wife likes them too much.
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 05:37 AM   #43
Darth Mystery
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
to each, his own, my friend....these pices as well as the "armless" Classic busts probably will never hit the shelves or cases at my home, but I'm sure that there are lots of others that will enjoy them in their homes....

I'll just stick with the busts, animated maquettes (Star Wars of course), and the bust ups.....although the bust ups are starting to get on my nerves a bit.......I may just have to get rid of them all,..but my wife likes them too much.
Get rid of your wife as well.
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:57 AM   #44
Zer0
New Republic

What eBay category would you file that under, exactly?
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:24 AM   #45
Darth Mystery
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
What eBay category would you file that under, exactly?
Mmmm, don't know about that, but be sure to write used in your ad.
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:44 PM   #46
Igo
Producer
Producer

I dont know if you guys know this, but this is a FREE gift given out (like Ed said) to people in close work relations to GG. They arnt making money off of this, they pay for this out of pocket 100%. Would you rather have them make it a unique Tie-Fighter Mini-Bust with arms forcing you to cough up +$1K on the bay? Or would giving it a hat, like Salacious Crumb, make you guys happy? Or Chroming it? It's a paint app, like all in the past, and Holiday themed. It's a fun piece, one that should make people who got one happy, and people who dont get one happy they arnt forced to open their bank account and pick one up later on the bay. Im glad it wanst chromed because then I'd be forced into acquiring one...
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #47
Brru
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Its got a toothbrush....why? I think its a great holiday gift. Like Igo said its not for the customer and thats ok. I don't like the statue they are releasing, but this is "cute" and you know thats what they went for. "Dark" "Side"......come on thats just hilarious.
Brru is offline   Reply With Quote