Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 07-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #41
protector2814
Phoenix

Has anyone read Seth Green's comic? Is it any good? Can Scott Evil write a good comic? I didn't even know he was in the biz. Why such a buzz over this character? What am I missing?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #42
touche22
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Has anyone read Seth Green's comic? Is it any good? Can Scott Evil write a good comic? I didn't even know he was in the biz. Why such a buzz over this character? What am I missing?
I read it when it first came out and it was a fun read. I stopped getting books altogether last year, so my not getting the book now is not indicative of it now. I think the buzz is of the sculpt and paints, not the character herself. I'm excited to get the variant, but if I can't then I'll settle for the regular edition.
touche22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #43
ThanosRules
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelpainter View Post
Additional views of both paint masters are available on the CS Moore Studio page of my website.

Thanks for the link and nice website.

Both versions of her look great, but I think the exclusive looks a little bit better. The changes and different paint job make her look incredible. I sure wish the San Diego comic con took place in Michigan.
ThanosRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:37 AM   #44
Sskaaar
Death is hereditary.

So who got the exclusive puppeteer yesterday?
Sskaaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #45
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

not me. Seeing as you couldn't get it on the day, I passed
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #46
ThanosRules
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
not me. Seeing as you couldn't get it on the day, I passed
I hope everyone in San Diego passed on this, it'd mean I'd have a chance at getting one.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #47
dfchang
The Riddler

Any updates on whether this was a complete sell out or not? I'd be interested in getting one if/when they put the remainder on their website.

I don't know why . . . it is almost the same sculpt but the paint job makes the Nightmare exclusive look TONS better.

I have no knowledge of the character but as with many of Clay's works, that doesn't really matter . . .

Dennis
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #48
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I think their office is closed today. I was at the con on Thurs. only, but did get on a waitlist at clays table(#14)...so hopefully they didnt sell all of 'em on sat. They have my email and phone #...*waits*
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:22 AM   #49
Walden
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I got lucky #13 on pre-order from SDCC. There were some work required to be able to pre-order one of these.

Some people went to a panel in order to get a ticket to goto a signing, which allows you to be in line to pre-order the bust. As a matter of fact, I'm the one who knew about the panel (by reading comic con's programming) to get these certificates before Clayburn and Shelly knew anything about it. I asked them on Thursday to see if this was the case. But Clayburn and Shelly didn't know what I was talking about, which brought confusion. So Clayburn went to talk to Top Cow about it to see what the deal was. A couple of days later, I went to comfirm if I had to goto the panel and they just gave me a ticket to bypass all that. Which was great! Saved me over an hours time.

So the signing started at 4:30 with Seth Green, Hugh Sterbakow (co-creator/writer of Freshman along with Seth Green) and Clayburn Moore). By the time I got there, it was already a long line. Over an hour later, I reached the front. What's funny about this whole situation is that I waited in line all that time for Clayburn Moore and to pre-order this bust. But everybody else was for the other people in the sigining. lol. We Moore fans are dedicated!

After I paid for the pre-order, Shelly gave me a "Certificate of Authenticity" with my edition number on it. Mines read 13/150 and it's signed by Seth Green, Huge Sternakov, and Clayburn Moore. On top of that, I was given a "Exclusive Limited Edition Nightmare Puppeteer Torso Statue Mini-Lithograph" which has the "Top Cow", "CS Moore Studio LTD", and the "Comic Con" logo on it. Also signed by the trio. It's nice stuff. If anything, the hour wait to get the free litho on top of was worth it.
Walden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:29 AM   #50
ThanosRules
Death is hereditary.

MinisterOfFire, good luck.

Walden, congrats.

Please don't take it personal, but I hate you both. lol