Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 10-07-2008, 01:54 AM   #41
nash
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

IMO extremely limited means 50 or less.
nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:21 AM   #42
fantasticrour
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecfprez View Post
I came across this pictures in the Aspen comics thread of the faux bronze -

I don't venture too much out of the CS Moore forum, but HOLY CHROMOLY! I've been looking at the wrong types of faux bronze statues !! That paint job is

AH
MAZE
ING

The change in colors, along with the finish? oh man

And then to see this picture of the hulk

This is going to have all kinds of possibilities!

dave

Those two faux bronze peice were painted by Danno. One of he BEST painters when it coems to faux bronze painting. I've seen other faux bronxe statues by other companies and they're not that great. So it really depeneds on how this faux bronze statue forum exclusive is going to look. We alreayd got CS Moore for the statue which is awesome. But it boils down to the paint job and the price point. I for one don't care how "rare" or "Exclusive" it is. If it's good, I'll get one regardless if it's numberless. If it's bad, it could be limited to 5 pieces and I still won't pick it up.
fantasticrour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #43
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash View Post
I agree.
It all depends on the characte and how popular it is.
Say, Pitt an extremely limited ES would be 20 because he's not that popular here.
But, a She Dragon,Kull,Magd. would be extremely limited at 50-75.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #44
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash View Post
Have you thought about what price it would have to be? It being a business, there is a cost involved which is divided by the number of pieces you produce. Less numbers, higher price.
As I stated before, a piece can have an edition size of 5 or 5000, quite a bit of the work is still there. Box art, paint masters, working with factory, shipping, customs, warehousing and so on. The administrative side is just as heavy with maybe a few less emails.
So being aware of those factors and that most exclusives have an edition size of 500 and up (besides a handful of rare ones here and there but are normally a manufacturer only exclusive), the edition size has to be high enough to make it financially worth spending that amount of time yet low enough to please the fans and set a better bar to exclusive edition sizes.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #45
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Have you thought about what price it would have to be? It being a business, there is a cost involved which is divided by the number of pieces you produce. Less numbers, higher price.
As I stated before, a piece can have an edition size of 5 or 5000, quite a bit of the work is still there. Box art, paint masters, working with factory, shipping, customs, warehousing and so on. The administrative side is just as heavy with maybe a few less emails.
So being aware of those factors and that most exclusives have an edition size of 500 and up (besides a handful of rare ones here and there but are normally a manufacturer only exclusive), the edition size has to be high enough to make it financially worth spending that amount of time yet low enough to please the fans and set a better bar to exclusive edition sizes.
Danny,

You don't have to explain yourself, man. You know you can't please all the people. I'm just looking forward to seeing what's in store!! Bring it on.

J
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:31 PM   #46
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

I will definitely keep an eye on this! I know I won't go nuts and gets everything from the series, but if the right piece catches my eye then I'm in!

My only hope is that the 1st piece is NOT a Witchblade statue. There's enough of those out at the moment.

As for edition size? 150 should be plenty exclusive and rare. While yeah it would be cool to look at a piece and know you have a 1 of 20 or something. That price point alone puts me out of the running. Say we're looking at $200 for a FB that is limited to 150 (this is me guessing here as an example). Then if 1 was limited to 20, you'd be looking at $600 or more for that FB version.

Thanks Danny for workin on this!
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #47
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

*waits for pics*
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #48
acrylic paint
Justice League

Based on the going MSRPs of other FBs, and the hints of being more limited ... I would brace for some sticker shock.
acrylic paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:33 PM   #49
touche22
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't care...50...300....750. A CSM/SF exclusive would be fantastic no matter what the edition size!
touche22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:33 PM   #50
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by touche22 View Post
I don't care...50...300....750. A CSM/SF exclusive would be fantastic no matter what the edition size!
What She said!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote