Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #41
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
I agree. But McCain's defeat is no horror compared to what's gone on during the past eight years. McCain's biggest problem is that he's a member of the same party that has done so much damage since 2000. Few people want to side with any party that includes George Bush. People want change. Republicans had control of the House, the Senate and the White House, and the results were poor (to put it mildly). People want hope. Not more of the same.

This opinion is coming from someone who would have voted for McCain in the last two presidential elections, if McCain had been his party's nominee. The Republicans had their shot. It's time for someone else to take their swings.
The last 8 years did suck but that still doesn’t make me want Obama to be president. I still don’t see why Obama should give me or anyone hope. But that’s just me. I’m pretty sure that if Bush didn’t screw up the last 8 years so bad that Obama wouldn’t stand a chance with this generic “change” campaign. JMO
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #42
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I know this might not mean much to Americans especially if you do not care on how your country is viewed abroad but the general consense here in Europe is they would favour Obama as they view McCain as a follow on from Bush whos foreign policy is not viewed with great favour.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #43
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
The last 8 years did suck but that still doesn’t make me want Obama to be president. I still don’t see why Obama should give me or anyone hope. But that’s just me. I’m pretty sure that if Bush didn’t screw up the last 8 years so bad that Obama wouldn’t stand a chance with this generic “change” campaign. JMO
And if I had 4 tires, I could be a Corvette ... what's the point? The fact of the matter is that Bush was in office, and the country went down the crapper on his watch!

Wither it's guilt by association fueling the fire for Obama, and burning down McCain or not, the simple matter of fact is he and the republicans had their chance, they were given card blanche and everyone but the most wealthy, and large corporations suffered the consequences of lousy policies. The country is in turmoil, and the rest of the world thinks the US is nothing but a punchline to a sick joke (and frankly I can't say that I completly disagree with them)

And on top of all that, McCain wants another 300 billion to buy the bad real estate deals ... wasn't that what the last bail out was for?

Taking a page from Reagan's book ... just ask yourself ... "are you better off now than you were 8 years ago?" Cause I gotta tell ya G, I sure as hell ain't!
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #44
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
In Florida I find that the people complaining that the election was fixed were the ones in charge of the process in the first place.
What? Jeb bush is complaining?
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #45
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
And if I had 4 tires, I could be a Corvette ... what's the point? The fact of the matter is that Bush was in office, and the country went down the crapper on his watch!

lol, great answer!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #46
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:

Wither it's guilt by association fueling the fire for Obama, and burning down McCain or not, the simple matter of fact is he and the republicans had they're chance, they were given card blanche and everyone but the most wealthy, and large corporations suffered the consiquences.

Taking a page from Reagan's book ... just ask yourself ... "are you better off now than you were 8 years ago?" Cause I gotta tell ya G, I sure as hell ain't!
I am. Got out of debt, got my pilots license, became a home owner, got married, bought a new Corvette (cash), my salary is bigger then ever before. Even made 6 figures one year.

(and without a college degree, shhhhh don't tell anyone that though)
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #47
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
What? Jeb bush is complaining?
Jeb isn't Governer here anymore, now we have the "closeted bachelor" Charlie Crist ... Jeb in a dress.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #48
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
I am. Got out of debt, got my pilots license, became a home owner, got married, bought a new Corvette (cash), my salary is bigger then ever before. Even made 6 figures one year.

Yeah, cause no one will believe it.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #49
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Yeah, cause no one will believe it.

All fact.

I have been working nonstop since 1984 in the same industry.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #50
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post

thats the difference, you went out and got it, the rest just expect it. For some reason some people just expect things to get better depending on who they put in office. You cant just sit around expecting the government to take care of you (which is the theme song of the Democratic Party) Go out and take advantage of what this country has to offer! Dont just sit around expecting the government to take care of you!
Congrats Cessna!
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote