Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #41
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
It's always nice to see your collections C. But when is the last you dust the place?
LOL, once in a month! I think I was a little "past due" on the Falcon top
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #42
cap70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
Impressive collection Cap.

Damn! i need to get one of those falcons!
Thanks buddy. I will post more pictures as I finish/re arrange some things.
The Falcon is simply FANTASTIC, get it if you can. I had mine for a long time now and i can't see me parting with it. STILLS impress me like day one, It's just that good. It's one of the best collectibles ever made.
The only downfall is that many are now suffering from damaged LED lights over time. So I advise you to have it inspected first before you commit. Even then, you still have the risk of it failing over the time. The way it was constructed makes difficult to repair. There's many threads at other forums where people are trying to find ways to solve that, with many theories about the causes. Some people even got lucky and had theirs working again.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #43
Darknight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
Thanks buddy. I will post more pictures as I finish/re arrange some things.
The Falcon is simply FANTASTIC, get it if you can. I had mine for a long time now and i can't see me parting with it. STILLS impress me like day one, It's just that good. It's one of the best collectibles ever made.
The only downfall is that many are now suffering from damaged LED lights over time. So I advise you to have it inspected first before you commit. Even then, you still have the risk of it failing over the time. The way it was constructed makes difficult to repair. There's many threads at other forums where people are trying to find ways to solve that, with many theories about the causes. Some people even got lucky and had theirs working again.
Thanks for the info Cap...have been looking out for one of these MR Falcon for sometime now. Missed one MIB SE Falcon last week...i think it sold for over $1600. Problem for me is, shipping international for this is a KILLER and the probable damage it could receive. Still on the lookout for a reasonably priced one...Did this retail at $2000 originally? Im surprised that the edition was set so high at that price.

That being said, im considering getting the eFx X-Wing before it becomes hard to obtain. What is your opinion of that piece? worth the retail?
Darknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #44
cap70

Quote:
Thanks for the info Cap...have been looking out for one of these MR Falcon for sometime now. Missed one MIB SE Falcon last week...i think it sold for over $1600. Problem for me is, shipping international for this is a KILLER and the probable damage it could receive. Still on the lookout for a reasonably priced one...Did this retail at $2000 originally? Im surprised that the edition was set so high at that price.

That being said, im considering getting the eFx X-Wing before it becomes hard to obtain. What is your opinion of that piece? worth the retail?
The regular Falcon retail price was around $1800, the signature was around $2400? Not sure. I didn't pay close to that for my regular, though.

The X-Wing it's awesome, I also have it. Not as "impressive" as the Falcon, though, but an awesome studio model none the less. Solid piece. In my opinion it's worth the retail. And the LEDS can be easily customer replaced(unlike the Falcon), which is great!
I wish it came with the "square" base/cover that eFx are now selling. Then it would be WELL worth the retail price.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #45
MoZzA-MoFo
Frackin!

#0325/1000. Got mine from Play.com after the infamous missing Pred's fiasco was resolved....

MoZzA-MoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #46
thx217
Ultimates

thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:54 PM   #47
Darknight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It seems that no more than 500 pieces were produced of this masterpiece.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #48
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
It seems that no more than 500 pieces were produced of this masterpiece.
The actual number is unknown, even when it's comes from CM.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #49
Darknight

There has been a similar thread set up over at a Cinemaquette forum.

Here's the list from the forum gathered to date which are not already reflected here:

Old 07-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #50
Grog
SF Minister of Etiquette and Protocol

#252 here
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote