Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 04-08-2013, 04:26 AM   #491
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

those are solid. badass being that were sent like that......and that they're AP 1's. nice scores, dude!
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #492
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Those turned out nice. I really dig that Jaws print. Easily the best based on that film IMO.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #493
FROBAY
Phoenix

Thanks Guys. Scott, its my Favorite Jaws poster to date too. I think Jc & Englert have similar styles on some of their pieces.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #494
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I continue to have an issue with the ocean floor shown at the bottom of the print. Jaws ends up taking up 2/3 of the depth from the top of the water to the ocean floor which doesn't work for me at all, seems very unrealistic. Still a beauty, but for my money I still think the Verges' Jaws is the one to beat.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #495
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I continue to have an issue with the ocean floor shown at the bottom of the print. Jaws ends up taking up 2/3 of the depth from the top of the water to the ocean floor which doesn't work for me at all, seems very unrealistic. Still a beauty, but for my money I still think the Verges' Jaws is the one to beat.
Looks right to me, it's called refraction. All fish look larger underwater. Like the tiny fish in a fishbowl that look huge from outside the water. Pretty sure the effect is what JC was doing here. That's how I took it anyway.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #496
FROBAY
Phoenix

Just went to pick up a framed print at the framers and there was a couple scratches on the mat and fingerprints on the other side of the glass. Needless to say, I left it there and told them to fix it. Now the long wait again. Last time I will use them.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #497
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Just went to pick up a framed print at the framers and there was a couple scratches on the mat and fingerprints on the other side of the glass. Needless to say, I left it there and told them to fix it. Now the long wait again. Last time I will use them.
oh man, that sucks. i don't leave the framers without double checking everything also, ALWAYS good to do that. i still have a few days to pick up my stuff.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #498
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

I got Taylor's Beetlejuice back from the framers today. I went with just a simple black frame with no matting again.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #499
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Damn it Fro . . . I just bought that Richards JAWS print and it's all your fault
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #500
bloodrain
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I finally got around to framing my Psycho print. The red color on this print looks so cool. I had to turn off most of the lights because the camera was picking up a bunch of glass reflection and the flash made the color look more orange than red...anyway, it's a fairly basic frame up. Simple black frame with a textured black matt.

bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote