Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #491
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

suicide i think im going to go that route, can i see you set up with the lights on to see what they look like please?

This is the display unit im buying saturday!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...83/#/S19895278

And thanks for your info to built2shred unfortunately those are not going to work with what kind of collection scene im creating plus i wouldnt want to see any of those wires! My hubby has ocd like that so it will have to look just right and the ones that are designed for pax will work perfectly i think!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #492
Viper2005
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Can you guys give me a few good ideas for display lights and ones that i can link all together to one master switch? My hubby wants them to be all controlled by one button but doenst know which brands or lights are best for pax shelves! I know its preference but we just want some ideas to get idea on what ones to get for our collections thanks!! And if you can write down brand names and links if you can because im computer illiterate...

Sarah
I have a bunch of those Inreda LED lights from Ikea all hooked up to a power bar that has a remote control on/off switch

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003P2...dir_mdp_mobile

You can see how they are hooked up in my statue collection pictures link down by my sig there
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #493
SuicideAnomaly
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
suicide i think im going to go that route, can i see you set up with the lights on to see what they look like please?

This is the display unit im buying saturday!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...83/#/S19895278
Here is an older picture. I've gotten some new pieces since it was taken. I really should get some new pictures taken.

SuicideAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #494
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Oh snap now I remember you and your picture because we fell in love with your set up months to a year ago! Do you have 6 lights in total right there because I want to get mine looking similar to yours !

Thanks
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #495
SuicideAnomaly

Quote:
Oh snap now I remember you and your picture because we fell in love with your set up months to a year ago! Do you have 6 lights in total right there because I want to get mine looking similar to yours !

Thanks
I only started collecting again around April, but there are plenty of people with similar setups.

Yes, I have six lights in total. You can connect up to ten with the parts I've shown you, which is more than plenty.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #496
manboy
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideAnomaly View Post
Here is an older picture. I've gotten some new pieces since it was taken. I really should get some new pictures taken.

I wanted a similiar setup but I have no idea how to get glass doors for it like in the photo. The only door IKEA sells have frosted acrylic and 3 metal frames that cross the whole piece.
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #497
SuicideAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
I wanted a similiar setup but I have no idea how to get glass doors for it like in the photo. The only door IKEA sells have frosted acrylic and 3 metal frames that cross the whole piece.
A lot of the doors that IKEA sells can be modified in such a way that you can remove whatever medium they're using. From there it's best to get some custom glass or acrylic cut to the dimensions of the medium you removed. Do a quick switcheroo, and you're good to go.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #498
manboy
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideAnomaly View Post
A lot of the doors that IKEA sells can be modified in such a way that you can remove whatever medium they're using. From there it's best to get some custom glass or acrylic cut to the dimensions of the medium you removed. Do a quick switcheroo, and you're good to go.
Hmmm, maybe I'm missing something. I realize I can take out the frosted glass and fit in some arcylic into this...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69898769/

...but does anyone if you can pull out the three thin metal frame pieces across the glass?
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #499
SuicideAnomaly

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe I'm missing something. I realize I can take out the frosted glass and fit in some arcylic into this...

...but does anyone if you can pull out the three thin metal frame pieces across the glass?
I'm not sure if you can on those particular doors. They've had several designs over the years. Luckily, with the design I have, there were no supporting bars across the doors.

As I've recommended before, I would check locally for a used unit. Sometimes you can get the doors by themselves for quite cheap.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #500
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:

The metal things can be taken out. They are just there to hold individual pieces of glass. Measure the glass plus the metal things and make an acrylic panel of the same size.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote