Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-20-2015, 10:44 PM   #491
crankyjammies
I am da law!

I reside in an Asian country. Japan is only a couple or so hours away from us by plane. That may be the reason why I already have my piece. I advice everyone to have patience. Rogue is definitely worth the wait. sorry I can't post any photos. With the Christmas season coming, work, studies, family, and friends are keeping me real busy.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:13 AM   #492
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

You tease!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:31 AM   #493
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
You tease!
Sorry, man. You'll get what I mean soon enough (I hope).

Here's one thing that I noticed when I saw my piece. Her portraits are almost perfectly painted, it looks like she's wearing make-up. I love how her cheeks have a subtle red on them. Whoever painted her face did it with great care and precision.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:24 AM   #494
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
Sorry, man. You'll get what I mean soon enough (I hope).

Here's one thing that I noticed when I saw my piece. Her portraits are almost perfectly painted, it looks like she's wearing make-up. I love how her cheeks have a subtle red on them. Whoever painted her face did it with great care and precision.
Good to hear.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:27 PM   #495
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I always thought about how paint quality can change? Is there better painter's than others in those factories? Does the painter get fatigued and does the quality lessen as his or her shifts stretches? I hear factory shifts in China are crazy long.. Or or as the painter continues, do the later edition numbers get better due to practice and trial & error? I'd imagine my first paint job on Rogue's face wouldn't come out as great compared to the hundredth one I did. I hope I land a good one.
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:49 PM   #496
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

I should have mine this week fellas. Mine is paid as of last week so hopefully...wait...damn Thanksgiving is prob gonna delay things. I`m sure someone will have pics up for us!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:19 AM   #497
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

It's great to hear ppl are happy with her. It is a must to end the best 1/6th line on a high note. I just hope I get it before Christmas.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:41 AM   #498
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
I always thought about how paint quality can change? Is there better painter's than others in those factories? Does the painter get fatigued and does the quality lessen as his or her shifts stretches? I hear factory shifts in China are crazy long.. Or or as the painter continues, do the later edition numbers get better due to practice and trial & error? I'd imagine my first paint job on Rogue's face wouldn't come out as great compared to the hundredth one I did. I hope I land a good one.
Excellent points, Rick. So many variables to consider with factories and assembly lines. Peak performance is probably in the middle of one's shift. The beginning is about warming up. The end is battling fatigue. At least that's how it plays out in my head.

Can't wait to get Rogue. She and the SS Sentinel will be my last licensed X-Men for a long while, I suspect.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:30 AM   #499
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
Funny you should mention this, Brown Wolverine was a good case study for me. I think I've owned about 9 so far and it was very easy to tell they were all painted differently.
I'm mainly talking about the unmasked portrait, the costumes were very similar (of course, with that little detail anyway).
Shading techniques were not always the same, some were airbrushed, some just used thinned down paint in the recesses... Eyes were sometimes looking up, or down, or straight ahead. Their sizes would differ too.

I've owned multiples from most companies but it's the first time the differences were so noticeable. I'd be willing to bet the statue was produced in a fairly cheap factory though
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #500
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Excellent points, Rick. So many variables to consider with factories and assembly lines. Peak performance is probably in the middle of one's shift. The beginning is about warming up. The end is battling fatigue. At least that's how it plays out in my head.

Can't wait to get Rogue. She and the SS Sentinel will be my last licensed X-Men for a long while, I suspect.
Sucks cuz we need a Jubilee! Lol! Forge too! Those two would complete the 90's group IMO between Koto and Bowen. Granted there are some characters that need to be re-done, but you would be able to complete the blue and gold teams with these two companies.

Great proper usage of words in that last sentence...
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote