Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 03-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #491
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Wow, thanks for the praise Vrac and John! I'm sure quite a few of these guys are doing it far better than myself (Cap, Gruson, MK ultra, etc) but I appreciate it none the less.

[QUOTE=Johnneeukca;1084488]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post

Freaking awsome set up. The statue that got me going (even though I missed it) was the Balrog. The rest looks pretty familiar, plus I captured the Moria Orc Archer Statue which is way cool. No pics yet as it's all in storage during renos. Soon though.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #492
ComputerFly
The Phantom

[QUOTE=crystalbaud;1084486]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post

Is that a Dawn statue 2nd from the bottom up, on the right side? Looks like Dawn...methinks it's Dawn....lil' help?
It is indeed Dawn, the 10th anniversary regular and 1 of only 100 of the Silver Exclusives. What makes this one even better is that Linsner did original artwork on the back for Eva Hopkins, one of his co-workers/creators (Dark Ivory). I got this from her. Apparently, Linsner lives not too far from me also, which is cool.

For some really nice pics of her, see this post, starting with post # 36

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...55#post1053255

Old 03-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #493
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
Hey Ryan, Yeah, this is one of Paul's masterpieces. Good eye.

Rilynil, only fullsize RingWraith is the one on the horse...Maybe a PF from SS one day? I painted my Detolfs, but I hear the Black and White ones are starting to show up in the US now.

UP, the lights are the 'NON' model from IKEA. If you look at the second picture in post # 444, you will see it mounted to the top inside. Well, that big silver piece comes off, and your left with a smaller all black light housing. I used a hole saw to cut out two circles in the top, and slipped them in from the top.

So computerfly do still want the doom PF back? I see some possible trades in these pics hehehehe.
Darth_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #494
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ryan View Post
So computerfly do still want the doom PF back? I see some possible trades in these pics hehehehe.
LOL! You rat bastard!! Give me that Doom back!!! ha, good one good one.. I was just joking to Zurb about me making the mistake of selling that exclusive to you! Are you still in the states or back in???? What was your address again??
Old 03-30-2007, 02:33 AM   #495
Darth_Ryan

hahahaha I'm still here in WA. I really like that Barbarian statue. Paul's work on it is divine!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:17 AM   #496
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthkman View Post
I just finished mine. It's so nice to finally be able to display them properly. I used to have everything on laminate shelves in my unfinished basement. Right after Christmas, the wife informs me that we can finish off 2/3 of the basement. It's sweet. I've got the home theater, statue collection, and some football souveniers for decoration. It's called a "family room", but I think you can tell who it's for. Computerfly, I painted my Detolf's too. They look great black. Here's my newly displayed collection:

I have some other items to display, but ran out of Detolf's. Going back to IKEA soon. If the new black/brown doesn't match my stuff, I'll just paint them again. I finally got the hang of it after 5 units.
Sweet display!
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #497
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upitnik View Post
Hello I'm a newbie from Croatia and just joined today.
Awesome setups and collections everybody, will post mine soon.
I wish I were rich so I could get everything I wanted but alas, have to distribute the money evenly as I have expensive desires. I'm into photography and have spent a great amount on the equipment as some of you know it costs an eye and a leg

And now may I ask for some close up pics of the dragon or whatever that is beneath the ringwraith on horse.

TNX
Here you go Upitnik

Old 03-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #498
Upitnik
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Wow, thats awesome, I thought it was from Dragonheart...

TNX
Upitnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #499
Darth_Ryan

wow that dragonheart statue is big! I never knew that!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #500
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Yeah, the Draco is in my top 10 favorites. I've always loved dragons, and the Shifletts did an AMAZING job on this piece. You might see these on eBay 3 to 4 times a year. They're very rare to find for sale. Usually anywhere from $500 to $700 for a nice one. I had two, but sold the other. I wouldn't take $1000 for this last one (nor a Doom, Ryan, not that your offering)