Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #5071
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Yep my left eye is jacked too! Not sure if I'm going to keep mine or sell it! I got great ES # though, second to last one ever made #199/200!
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #5072
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I thought he was going to have a non-official painting done. I just want a "custom" paint job before she comes to my house. But that won't happen either. I see a price drop in Chun-li's future.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #5073
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

yeah i talked to someone while back and he said there is a pink chun li?? When did they make pink chun li? That would be my favorite color for chunners!!
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #5074
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Three of them have same eye. I think it's normal , so I hope pcs or Jerry can do some change, I really can't accept every time I see her face.

jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #5075
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
yeah i talked to someone while back and he said there is a pink chun li?? When did they make pink chun li? That would be my favorite color for chunners!!
The pink Chun-li was a prototype that they were thinking of making but scrapped that color entirely. But Jerry auctioned that off with the Alternate Chun-li outfit. So there was only one made. Guy is freaking lucky that won

Sadly I wanted that color and version.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #5076
Submissive421

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Heres the thing with factories....the only thing they care about is money. So if you pay top dollar they will do a top notch job.

Problem is top dollar also equals a higher than normal retail price because most companies will push them to cut costs.

So it becomes a battle where you dont want to pay a top dollar price but you want top dollar quality

So I think im going to give up trying for that and just pay the factories top dollar and raise my retail prices accordingly.

I might lose some sales because of it but its less stressful. Factory is happy , they turn out great product, then Im happy.

So I imagine (and Im just guessing right now) that Chun Li is going to retail for $320 where if it was a Sideshow product it would retail for $285. So thats about a 12% increase.
*sigh* fished for an old post.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #5077
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
SideShowJoe, the pink one was a prototype that was not assembled or painted and was auctioned on eBay. IcemanBecker won it but he is no longer a member of this forum.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #5078
Rokdweller
Birdman

When I received my Chun-Li EX I was expecting the googly eye. Unfortunately she (#19) also suffered a broken leg. I am awaiting my replacement from Sideshow and hoping Jerry follows through with his potential solution of unofficial face re-paints. As issued her face/eyes are such a disappointment. The orange eye shadow really clashes badly with the red costume. I am still dumbfounded that she was sculpted with parted lips and not painting the white for her teeth. I do love the sculpt itself and really expected this statue would do justice to Chun-Li. Jerry has done a great job with Sagat and the 1:1 MK bust... such a shame that the production version of Chun-Li so missed the mark from the proto. If Jerry can follow through with the face customization I will be extremely happy with this piece and eager for the blue ones I still have on order.
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:30 AM   #5079
Ridimous
Spider-Ham

Oh hell no! My Chun Li better not have that f'ed up crazy eye. I'll be asking for refund if its like that.
Ridimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #5080
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Yikes..don't like the eye. Anyone get one with good eyes?
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote