Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #501
pamphyboy
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
So, let's see here. Poor repaint. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Old product from years ago. Repeat. Harley bust. Repeat.
SIDESHOW STYLE. WHAT'S NEW??..lol
pamphyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #502
youstolemysn
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
I'm starting to think that Sideshow only has the rights to produce certain, specific characters from DC and Marvel, as opposed to having access to their whole catalogues. That wouldn't explain why they've not done a black panther or comic iron man premium format yet though
Possibly, but I doubt they would give XM license to do other characters, for instance. I know XM does some lesser known characters at lower edition sizes.
youstolemysn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:59 PM   #503
chronos1919
Nightwing

At least the Harley Quinn bust and Black Canary PFs were a highlight.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:05 PM   #504
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
At least the Harley Quinn bust and Black Canary PFs were a highlight.
yeah canary looked amazing imo, i still think harley is a little too much teeth but still a pretty nice looking bust

come on deathstroke revisit!

SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:25 PM   #505
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Damn, Prime 1 took Sideshow’s lunch money. Prime 1’s reveal show blows this out of the water.
All the event showings from Prime 1, Queen Studios and Infinity Studios are absolutely crushing Sideshows event..... which unfortunately is not a surprise.

If only Iron Studios did one too.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:57 PM   #506
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm also starting to think Sideshow are just plain ass lazy and like many people here in the UK at least, have used Covid-19 as an excuse to just sit their fat asses in their garden for months... And do Nothing (other than drink and eat) . Compare their reveals to Prime 1 as many have said. Compare them even to the likes of Hasbro who are still pumping out reveals for new Marvel Legends, Gi Joe, Star Wars etc. What a novel ideal, sculptors, painters, the type of occupations that Covid should have little bearing on... actually... What do they call it again? Oh yeah - working. Who'd have thought?
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:06 PM   #507
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

They're just statues of comic book characters. It's really not a big deal.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:09 PM   #508
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Would be nice if they could hand the licence over to someone else then if that's the level of work ethic involved
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:11 PM   #509
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
I'm also starting to think Sideshow are just plain ass lazy and like many people here in the UK at least, have used Covid-19 as an excuse to just sit their fat asses in their garden for months... And do Nothing (other than drink and eat) . Compare their reveals to Prime 1 as many have said. Compare them even to the likes of Hasbro who are still pumping out reveals for new Marvel Legends, Gi Joe, Star Wars etc. What a novel ideal, sculptors, painters, the type of occupations that Covid should have little bearing on... actually... What do they call it again? Oh yeah - working. Who'd have thought?
Especially with digital sculpting software. I wouldn’t be surprised if a large chunk of the work involved can be done from home.

Heck you can get pretty decent 3D printers nowadays.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #510
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Agreed. Their livestreams are a joke.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote