Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #501
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Yea, I am seriously looking forward to them getting the go ahead on QS, that design is great!
No doubt, I am too! I really like the concept and sculpt on QS.

It would've been icing on the cake to see the concept on Scarlet Witch! Sucks that they are on hold!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #502
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I brought this up when they showed a colored version of the 3d sculpt but seemed like I was the only one that thought it was a little strange to have colored wires.... I just decided ill repaint them if they go that route and it bugs me that much. I doubt they'll use real wires doesn't look theres anywhere for them to go thankfully

in other news: YES!!!!! thank god this thing is printed, looks incredible hopefully it will be going up soon
About the wires..Cable is able to make modifications to his arm incorporating different gadgets and tech devises from outside tech. You guys are correct on it not being cybernetic. But its documented through out comics history that he can add foreign material and control it...So the wires are accurate. Im not sure if XM knew this when they added wires.. lol...but it works for accuracy with the die hard comic buffs. Hope this helps
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #503
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Logic View Post
About the wires..Cable is able to make modifications to his arm incorporating different gadgets and tech devises from outside tech. You guys are correct on it not being cybernetic. But its documented through out comics history that he can add foreign material and control it...So the wires are accurate. Im not sure if XM knew this when they added wires.. lol...but it works for accuracy with the die hard comic buffs. Hope this helps
Nah, its still not comic accurate. Now let me preface this with, I dont care, it looks awesome. Its just an artists interpretation, and sometimes the artist doing the piece in question isnt familiar with the character in depth. I dont know if thats what happened here, and again, it matters little. But the fact is, the XM Cable arm carries the look of a cyborg, robotic arm. Cables arm is techno organic flesh and while by the definition of the virus, his arm "could" look like what XM has shown us, it doesnt and to my knowledge in the comics never has.

Again though, it matters little. This piece still rocks (aside from the head, not a huge fan of that) and the arm looks fantastic.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:49 PM   #504
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Nah, its still not comic accurate. Now let me preface this with, I dont care, it looks awesome. Its just an artists interpretation, and sometimes the artist doing the piece in question isnt familiar with the character in depth. I dont know if thats what happened here, and again, it matters little. But the fact is, the XM Cable arm carries the look of a cyborg, robotic arm. Cables arm is techno organic flesh and while by the definition of the virus, his arm "could" look like what XM has shown us, it doesnt and to my knowledge in the comics never has.

Again though, it matters little. This piece still rocks (aside from the head, not a huge fan of that) and the arm looks fantastic.
I hear you bro, but its more than an artist depiction. More than a few illustration's during the stories over the years on Cable having had intentionally performed modifications adding gadgets and doodads to his arm. Apparently the techno organic virus is compatible (but not cybernetic.)

A few References: Messiah Complex, Messiah war and Second Coming graphic novels. Also a bio and tactical file on cable illustrating this very fact in one of those novels. Comic accurate but I don't think the XM artist knew that.
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:25 PM   #505
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:

People said the same thing about Magneto. Look how that turned out.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:58 PM   #506
Thor57
Teen Titans

I didn't say that about Magneto, and even if I had, I doubt the piece being made would change my mind. Sometimes paint can look better I person, or scale can. But if I don't like a design at its core, that won't change from print to person. I don't care for the design of the face. I can't explain it, nor do I need to really. It just doesn't click for me. It's not bad, I just personally don't care for it.

I see you have Illidan as your avatar? Is it done man?
Old 04-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #507
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
People said the same thing about Magneto. Look how that turned out.

I agree with Thor57, regardless of how much the XM sells for or how well done I just don't lime Magneto's face plain and simple. It is the reason I didn't order it.

And yes I know all about the blah blah blah and if I'd known before I do wished I'd ordered.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #508
Thor57
Teen Titans

I did and do like Magnetos face. I don't care for Cables.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:05 PM   #509
skillet
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Head sculpt looks good to me
skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:39 AM   #510
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
I didn't say that about Magneto, and even if I had, I doubt the piece being made would change my mind. Sometimes paint can look better I person, or scale can. But if I don't like a design at its core, that won't change from print to person. I don't care for the design of the face. I can't explain it, nor do I need to really. It just doesn't click for me. It's not bad, I just personally don't care for it.

I see you have Illidan as your avatar? Is it done man?
No still have the wings left to do. The lower portion and the weapons have been done...but no pics of it yet. Hopefully soon....but no rush.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote