Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-05-2022, 06:05 AM   #501
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Yeah I can see the damage now. I guess JND needs shipperboxes for their shipperboxes!
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:05 AM   #502
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

jnd should also protect its brown box to cover all listed information as well. when it comes all marked or bruised I'm sorry
the problem is whether the cost of transport increases....
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:37 AM   #503
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I mean, that's what a Brown shipper is for.....to take all the abuse, and spare the real art box. As long as the art box arrives without a scratch, I personally, don't care about the Brown shipper.

That said, if the Brown shipper is already damaged at the manufacturer's warehouse, it just increases the risk to the art box and statue when it gets into the caring hands of DHL.....

At these prices, I would complain if the art box comes in damaged - even if the statue is fine. After all, we're paying for the fancy box as well as the statue.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:07 PM   #504
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Yeah I can see the damage now. I guess JND needs shipperboxes for their shipperboxes!
YES! They just might be the first company to begin the trend of "Matryoshka Boxes."
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:16 PM   #505
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
I think Sideshow offer a service where they add an addition outer box for collector types who want like new brown shippers.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:42 PM   #506
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I think Sideshow offer a service where they add an addition outer box for collector types who want like new brown shippers.
I noticed this as well.

Damn, we've reached the point where we''re now collecting Brown shippers
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:32 PM   #507
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
They do. There is one dent/hole and another appears to need extra glue.

ah. I forgot to click to resize to full size, thats the reason I couldn't see it. D'oh. lol
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 02:23 PM   #508
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Just got my final payment notification. Look like she'll be shipping around 30 days from now.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 02:49 PM   #509
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Well spotted

Normally I blame the delivery guy for this type of damage, now we know, it may leave the factory like that......I doubt JND (or anyone else) would go to the trouble of replacing a Brown shipper prior to export.
This is why I recently highlighted the quality of the shipping boxes Tweeterhead used with their Poison Ivy.
For a small, ~$325 statue, they used double burst/layer cardboard for their shipper, and then used corner foam cubes to float the art box inside so that no surface of it could be impacted by anything other than a catastrophic hit to the shipper.

After a week cross country, my shipper box still looks like it just got off the boat at port.

Double burst cardboard is pretty damn strong on it's own, doesn't puncture or dent except under concentrated effort, and I've never seen it used by any of the statue companies I've bought product from since I've been collecting, no matter what the cost of the item.
Stepping up to that from the single layer that is ubiquitous definitely impacts the company's bottom line- especially on a low run where you can't leverage the scale.

Would be nice if companies like JND and Queen and Infinity went all out, especially when customers are dropping multiple thousand $ on one piece. But they don't.

Which is why I was all the more impressed that TH did it for a sub $350 statue.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 03:23 PM   #510
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
This is why I recently highlighted the quality of the shipping boxes Tweeterhead used with their Poison Ivy.
For a small, ~$325 statue, they used double burst/layer cardboard for their shipper, and then used corner foam cubes to float the art box inside so that no surface of it could be impacted by anything other than a catastrophic hit to the shipper.

After a week cross country, my shipper box still looks like it just got off the boat at port.

Double burst cardboard is pretty damn strong on it's own, doesn't puncture or dent except under concentrated effort, and I've never seen it used by any of the statue companies I've bought product from since I've been collecting, no matter what the cost of the item.
Stepping up to that from the single layer that is ubiquitous definitely impacts the company's bottom line- especially on a low run where you can't leverage the scale.

Would be nice if companies like JND and Queen and Infinity went all out, especially when customers are dropping multiple thousand $ on one piece. But they don't.

Which is why I was all the more impressed that TH did it for a sub $350 statue.
The shipperboxes of JND are just fine, that one just happens to have some damage. Im sure they will just strap a new karton shipperbox around it.
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote