Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #501
Solarsailor
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah i don't know if i believe it either but I'm saying no more about this or sideshow will try and duel me But if they truly did sell 500 of those in less than 24 hours i don't want to duel you sideshow, i will submit!!

Sarah
If they sold 500 statue's at $2300 in 24 hours (plus a bunch of regulars) I'd imagine they'd be scrambling back to the Transformers line pretty quick smart themselves and not churning out Batman.

That would surely have to be a record, I can't think of a single thing that's rapidly sold out with such a high number. Usually stuff that goes that fast is down at 200 edition size (with a $40 deposit). If it is true (which I still think it's not) then I'd say the collecting world has entered a new phase.

Usually (very) high end items like this are only purchased by a very small amount of people.
Solarsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #502
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarsailor View Post
Honestly it's almost impossible to believe that 500 people put a $240 deposit down on a $2300 statue in 24 hours. There would be TONS of statue companies if business was this good. If people were that hyped for it the regular would be gone also. I mean you're talking about a hobby were if a statue goes up by $25 the collectors act like the actual Apocalypse is coming and the Sideshow offices get burnt down with petrol bombs.

I guess if it was marketed big enough it MIGHT be possible but I'm not sure it was. I'm certain SS would have only got a portion. Maybe the reps on here could clear it up, I don't see how it effects business.

If anything I'd be shouting from the roof tops if it were my business. I had a chance to get the EX but opted for the regular so it doesn't effect me either way, I'm just glad to have this bad boy.
Sideshow did not have the full 500 allocation to sell at the time this went up for order. Could that change? I really do not know, but as of today (right this second as I type this), we only had a portion of those 500 pieces to sell. I spoke to the customer service rep that just unfortunately was not passed this information along earlier about this piece. Hope that clears up any confusion.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #503
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Sideshow did not have the full 500 allocation to sell at the time this went up for order. Could that change? I really do not know, but as of today (right this second as I type this), we only had a portion of those 500 pieces to sell. I spoke to the customer service rep that just unfortunately was not passed this information along earlier about this piece. Hope that clears up any confusion.
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I went ahead and placed an order for the reg with secret compass just now...just to be safe. If my WL converts for the EX, I'll cancel the reg.....or keep both I don't know

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #504
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
So the 500 exclusive is not really an exclusive to ssc then?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #505
Solarsailor

Quote:
Sideshow did not have the full 500 allocation to sell at the time this went up for order.
Cool, I thought it sounded a bit strange but to be honest I never thought you had the 500 to begin with (not that it matters), I was always going off the assumption you were just the middle man for Prime1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
So the 500 exclusive is not really an exclusive to ssc then?
It's still an exclusive. They don't make the statue so I doubt they'd have any digs over what comes with it. If it's stamped 500 on the bottom it doesn't really matter where you get it from.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #506
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarsailor View Post
Cool, I thought it sounded a bit strange but to be honest I never thought you had the 500 to begin with (not that it matters), I was always going off the assumption you were just the middle man for Prime1.

It's still an exclusive. They don't make the statue so I doubt they'd have any digs over what comes with it. If it's stamped 500 on the bottom it doesn't really matter where you get it from.
I would think when it's a ssc exclusive with an ES, one would think its exclusively sold at ssc and no where else...That's what an exclusive means.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:24 AM   #507
Mace Handowan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Thanks for the info Alex. Are there any news regarding the estimated shipping date of Megatron?
Mace Handowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:25 AM   #508
SuperJ300
Zot

Oh!!! So there is not much chance of WL being converted!

SS must have only have had 50 EX or less for it to sold out that fast!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:20 AM   #509
Solarsailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I would think when it's a ssc exclusive with an ES, one would think its exclusively sold at ssc and no where else...That's what an exclusive means.
But it's not a SS Exclusive. SS are selling P1 Optimus and got access to their Exclusive.

Pop Cultcha do the same thing with their Street Fighter Line except they do offer another EX on top of that that only THEY sell (much like Prime 1 with the matrix)

Nothing out of the norm happening here
Old 04-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #510
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

well at this point it won't be long till we see 2500 and 3K for a statue, where do you draw the line ?
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote