Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #501
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve the meat View Post
Tip for fighting zangief, play as sagat and use the standing high kick, it owns the green hand and spinning lariat, he cant jump over it either.
Problem with that is every single zangief player will sit their icon on Ken till i pick my player then rush to zangief. Havent gone against on zangief player who picks him asap. Plus i dont know how to use anyone else except Akuma really.

Been practicing with rose lately, finished up her normal trials. Shes pretty easy with combos.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #502
nordvader
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Problem with that is every single zangief player will sit their icon on Ken till i pick my player then rush to zangief. Havent gone against on zangief player who picks him asap. Plus i dont know how to use anyone else except Akuma really.

Been practicing with rose lately, finished up her normal trials. Shes pretty easy with combos.
That is kinda of funny because a lot of people do that when I pick Abel. As soon as I pick him they move to Guile like he's the Anti-Abel.

The thing I like most is when people fake like their going to play Gen and move over to Sagat or Ken. It should be an option to where you can do blind picks,

I know it's not arcade perfect but it would somewhat take away from picking a counter character everytime, because you watched some youtube match video.

It's like playing Marvel vs Capcom 2 against a guy that has Jill, Dan, Sonson and you counter pick Storm, Sentinel, Cyclops . Sure you have a better probabilty of winning but are you truly learning anything?

I'm not saying counter picking is a cheap tactic it just gets boring.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #503
CA35
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I stall alot whenI see the other person waiting to pick their character. Just to f#$k with them.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #504
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:

I tried this, but the fights dont come as fast for me as BP fights do.

Does the non BP fights score your wins and loses?
No idea tbh I don't look at any of my stats (or anyone elses for that matter)
Strange you don't get many fights I just go into arcade mode and I can barely get past the first round before someone challenges me.
On a side note how do you find out your own network status as next to my name it just has a blank box (i can still see other player signal strength) mine should be good as I am now using a wired connection.
Had my first vs zangief match today and my god the spinning lariat is annoying! finally managed to beat the guy with ken (nice ultra finish as well) and he quit straight out! poor loser!
Old 03-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #505
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ya they should make it blind picks, would be a lot more fun not knowing who you are gonna fight till he is in front of you.

I love to sit on ken icon till they pick, then move to akuma. its like ken is the anti ken and people pick him LOL

Even more fun to sit on Dan, then move down to akuma lol.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #506
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:

You better practice up if you are making the move to Rose. She is one of the lower tiered characters. But if you can learn her moves, she is awesome.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #507
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Strange you don't get many fights I just go into arcade mode and I can barely get past the first round before someone challenges me.
On a side note how do you find out your own network status as next to my name it just has a blank box (i can still see other player signal strength) mine should be good as I am now using a wired connection.
Had my first vs zangief match today and my god the spinning lariat is annoying! finally managed to beat the guy with ken (nice ultra finish as well) and he quit straight out! poor loser!
Oh i get spammed with fight using BP mode, but when im not into BO mode they are farther behind.

Never seen my network status, guess its now shown.

ya when i get those zangief bastages with that spin, i am glad i have akuma to port or fireball their ass and sweep the legs!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #508
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
You better practice up if you are making the move to Rose. She is one of the lower tiered characters. But if you can learn her moves, she is awesome.
I went against a rose who got two perfects on me, guy was in the 4k BP range. He was amazing.

This game is so balanced, the only broken character from what i am seeing and reading is Zangief. Least the boards are saying this cause his is so powerfull.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #509
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
I went against a rose who got two perfects on me, guy was in the 4k BP range. He was amazing.

This game is so balanced, the only broken character from what i am seeing and reading is Zangief. Least the boards are saying this cause his is so powerfull.
It's funny that you say that cause on several other boards people have said the exact opposite thing. I think if you practice with a character a lot, you can get good with just about anyone. Although for some reason, Viper eludes me. No matter how much I practice, I just can't get her combo's down.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #510
CA35
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post

I try to time some moves so they hit as Zangief 's lariat is ending. On a side note.. I lost to one playing Dhalsim. I waled on this guy for most od
f the round. Only to get spun and lose.
Closed Thread