Tell us about the 3D printer Jerry.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #5092
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
It's a 3D printer, it prints things in 3D.What more needs to be said?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:57 PM   #5093
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, Jerry.I just wanted to ask, are the 1/4 MK9 Sub Zero statues still due to arrive at PCSC this month?Also, can you confirm if the next 1/3 MK statue will be a ''boss'' character?Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:49 AM   #5094
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Can we please get an update about skeletor life size bust?
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #5095
addic
The X-Men

Can we please get any update at all?
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #5096
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

JERRY PLEASE COME BACK!!!!! ever since you left, these forums are so BOOORRRIIINNNGGG!! you made it 1000% better....Please update us on subzero mk 9, mileena/jade, upcoming MKX/Classic preorder teasers

Thanks
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:53 PM   #5097
SuperJ300
Zot

This thread should be close for a while, till Jerry is ready to answer some questions. Alex from SS did it, took a break from answering questions for a bit.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #5098
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Because time is tight Im only answering questions I have an actual answer for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde Trooper View Post
Can we please get an update about skeletor life size bust?
At first I thought it had shipped a couple weeks ago, then I learned there was a problem with the boxes so they had to remake them.

As soon as the boxes are finished printing Im told they can be boxed up and shipped out as production is done.

Im guessing that means ship from China by early/mid June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, Jerry.I just wanted to ask, are the 1/4 MK9 Sub Zero statues still due to arrive at PCSC this month?Also, can you confirm if the next 1/3 MK statue will be a ''boss'' character?Cheers!
They are almost finished with production. I think they will be finished by mid June with shipment end of June.

i havent decided who the next MK 1:3 will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
It prints stuff in 3D

Ive posted more thoughts in the dedicated thread on the new printer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodri2540 View Post
Hey Jerry

The Akuma Bust went up for pre-order on 11/4/13. Is there any new info on when we can expect to receive this? Its going on 19 months. Thanks
Its always something.

Production on the busts is finished but the supplier of the wooden beads ran out of them, so now they have to get more, which slowed everything down.

You would think it would be easy to get more beads but they have to match exactly and Im told that isnt easy.

Im guessing they will have that sorted in the next couple weeks with a late June/early July ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedlNl View Post
Its been a long time and we still can not see what is on PO on our account. How difficult is it to put it in since you guys already can see it in the system. We pay all this money and then we cant even track what orders we have.
Its going to be months before thats back up. It never worked right and its not worth fixing so we are having a new back end system built.

It could be between 3-6 more months.

If you have any questions just email customer service and they can list your orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde Trooper View Post
What is the reply time usually for customer service, ive sent an email several days ago but with no reply in regards to the exclusive bat with the Beat man statue, the wing is falling away from the body. I know that the wait time is lenghty but dont want to wait 2 weeks before i send another email but dont want to be a pest sending emails evey 2 days either. Thanks
It should be 2-3 business days (doesnt include holidays or weekends) for general questions.

5-7 days to get transfers and refunds processed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Jerry what is the reasoning for so much more traditionally sculpted statues lately? I really like that decision by the way!
Keeping my sanity is the reason.

Ive now worked with digital sculpture for 7 years and Im not a big fan. I feel the final product often lacks the gesture and soul of a traditionally sculpted piece.

9 times out of 10 I have to mold the 3D print, cast it in clay and rework it. It ends up nullifying any savings digital may have had and ends up taking way longer than if we just had sculpted it traditionally from the start.

Its not that the digital sculptors are bad, its that the software isnt true 3D. Its 2.5d. It simulates 3D and it often does a poor job of it, especially when sculptures are posed dynamically and not just in a neutral pose.

Im tired of the hassle so we switched back.

We ARE still using digital but there needs to be a reason for it. For example Mortal Kombat X has really detailed costuming that is far better to do in digital than clay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMario616 View Post
Is there going to be more than just the 1/1 and 1/4 of the Kessler Wolf from AWIL? Are we going to see other cast members like Jack in statue form?
As far as statues the 1:4 Kessler Wolf is it. I dont believe anything else will sell well enough.

We cancelled the 1:1 bust because all the sculpted hair just looked wrong. Just didnt work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Jerry,

Any chance we can get the mixed media He-Man hair sculpt changed to a fuller head of hair like He-Man is supposed to have?
I and Mattel like the hair so we are going to leave as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Hey jerry, is there a 1:4 erron black in production?
Funny you would ask. We were just discussing him the other day.

i would certainly like to make a statue of him at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamecius View Post
Hi Jerry, Evilyn will be the last one we get from Filmation ?
Im now taking the Filmation line one character at a time.

If Sorceress sells well then we will do Evilyn. If Evilyn sells well then we will do...

Not saying yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
What about Mortal Kombat action pose line! Just from MK1 would make a nice display.
Customer feedback has shown that most prefer a more stoic pose, so thats what we are focusing on.

The MKX pieces have *some* action to them but we arent going to go as crazy as we did with MK9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
Jerry

when will the Battle Cat statue go for PO?

when is it targeted to ship?

Thanks

Sometime in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Jerry, first of all I want to thank you for making my absolute favorite mk character Quan Chi a reality!!!!! Best news I've ever heard in this hobby. Which brings me to my question. Will Quan Chi have his shoulder/neck spike things on the statue? I noticed they were absent on the sneak peak.
yes he will have his shoulder blades
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #5099
JRodri2540
The Avengers

Hi Jerry

Any info on Balrog?
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:13 PM   #5100
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thanks for coming back and answering he questions!
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote