Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-08-2022, 05:45 PM   #511
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

It's hilarious to me that for years and years, people have complained about collectibles not being made in the scale they collect. "If only this was 1/4..." is an oft-repeated complaint on this forum--especially in Tweeterhead's section. Now they're being straight-forward about offering some of their pieces in multiple scales, and it's a bad thing?

I guess I don't consider these statues as exclusive as others do because I've never had an issue getting a TH statue. Most of the time they're available for less than retail after they start shipping. If offering some statues at 1/4 scale grabs customers they're missing by only offering 1/6 scale then I don't see how this affects collectors negatively. The company gets more customers, and customers get more options. More options is generally better, right?

I suppose the lesson here is that it's impossible to make some people in this hobby happy. If a company isn't making something the way you like it, then put up the cash and find someone to make a custom piece for you. Most people are just fine with what these companies offer when they see what it costs to get exactly what they want. And if they're still not ok with it, they can do what we all do in this hobby--cross their fingers and wait for someone to make something closer to what they want.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 11:02 PM   #512
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
It's hilarious to me that for years and years, people have complained about collectibles not being made in the scale they collect. "If only this was 1/4..." is an oft-repeated complaint on this forum--especially in Tweeterhead's section. Now they're being straight-forward about offering some of their pieces in multiple scales, and it's a bad thing?

I guess I don't consider these statues as exclusive as others do because I've never had an issue getting a TH statue. Most of the time they're available for less than retail after they start shipping. If offering some statues at 1/4 scale grabs customers they're missing by only offering 1/6 scale then I don't see how this affects collectors negatively. The company gets more customers, and customers get more options. More options is generally better, right?

I suppose the lesson here is that it's impossible to make some people in this hobby happy. If a company isn't making something the way you like it, then put up the cash and find someone to make a custom piece for you. Most people are just fine with what these companies offer when they see what it costs to get exactly what they want. And if they're still not ok with it, they can do what we all do in this hobby--cross their fingers and wait for someone to make something closer to what they want.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 01:14 AM   #513
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post

I'm mainly a 1/6 collector, so as long as the 1/6 option is available I could care less if it's also offered in 1/4. Hell, DC Direct has been making mini versions of their 1/6 statues for as long as I remember.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 01:38 AM   #514
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
Totally agree. 1/6 is capable of showing good details thanks to modern day technology. But compared to bigger scales it is nevertheless a compromise of a fair quality at a somewhat reasonable price.

While choice is good - making a budget version of a premium collectible product is a wrong idea at its? core.

For instance when TH announced Joker 2.0 ppl were so excited. Because that statue represented a very unique image of the character as a clown prince of crime regardless of a scale.

That is what I as a collector want - a lower tier priced/sized unique collectible item.

Not a Ford Focus of a statue.
I can understand this gripe only if the 1/4 is noticeably more detailed...if it's simply a bigger version of the same sculpt then it's really just a matter of scale preference.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:44 AM   #515
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I can understand this gripe only if the 1/4 is noticeably more detailed...if it's simply a bigger version of the same sculpt then it's really just a matter of scale preference.
1/4 is almost twice the volume, No doubt, the piece will have better paint apps. The bigger the details, the easier to paint. If that bothers a 1/6th collector they can buy 1/4th.

The 1/4th Statue size has been made the standard by Sideshow for over a decade. IMO Tweeterhead's work needed the 1/4th license to grow and scale.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 06:37 AM   #516
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
1/4 is almost twice the volume, No doubt, the piece will have better paint apps. The bigger the details, the easier to paint. If that bothers a 1/6th collector they can buy 1/4th.

The 1/4th Statue size has been made the standard by Sideshow for over a decade. IMO Tweeterhead's work needed the 1/4th license to grow and scale.
The size doesn't necessarily mean better paint apps. The way I see it, more room equals more room for sloppiness. But only time will tell.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:43 AM   #517
Peedi
The Secret Six

I might get this in 1/4. I really like this.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 02:41 PM   #518
AC_808
Hercules

I do too. Wondering how this in 1/4 would compare to the current WW PF.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 02:48 PM   #519
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I do too. Wondering how this in 1/4 would compare to the current WW PF.
15 inches taller!
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 12:14 PM   #520
SDguy

Alright, WW 1:6 EX PO'ed. $300 in rewards points and a $20 off coupon made it easier.

Guessing Harley will take the remainder of my points this year....
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote