Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 05-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #511
Asgardian
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
John is correct it just means that all licensing stuff IE toys,packages,stickers,clothing etc will be done directly thru WB and the in house artists they employ and no longer with freelance artists like DC used and that the DC company is longer involved directly in licensing.
Batfan, if I read correctly, DC Direct is no longer involved directly in licensing? If so, what leaves DC Direct? What role will DCD be doing? Do you know?
Asgardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #512
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Batfan, if I read correctly, DC Direct is no longer involved directly in licensing? If so, what leaves DC Direct? What role will DCD be doing? Do you know?
as far as I know the licensing dept is not directly involved with statues and etc unless the pieces are being licensed to other companies. DCD is not involved in that point. But I do wonder if they will still hire outside artists to design the pieces or if that will change being they want to do all the stuff internally.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:35 PM   #513
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
as far as I know the licensing dept is not directly involved with statues and etc unless the pieces are being licensed to other companies. DCD is not involved in that point. But I do wonder if they will still hire outside artists to design the pieces or if that will change being they want to do all the stuff internally.
That is cool, BF! I hope this is the case and Warner Bros will give the DC statue licenses out to other companies like Sideshow, Bowen, Koto, GG, Hard Hero..
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #514
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
That is cool, BF! I hope this is the case and Warner Bros will give the DC statue licenses out to other companies like Sideshow, Bowen, Koto, GG, Hard Hero..
Yes lets all pray it will happen someday.
Until then, let us enjoy the great talent that SF offers to the very elite fans who want the extremely highly detailed and incredible looking 1/4 size statues only the fans can do justice to!!

I highly doubt even when they get the opportunity, they can match the quality and workmanship that a few highly talented individuals can show us here.

Im not holding my breath. And for sure Im not collecting tiny statues!
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #515
JohnMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by averone View Post
Yes lets all pray it will happen someday.
Until then, let us enjoy the great talent that SF offers to the very elite fans who want the extremely highly detailed and incredible looking 1/4 size statues only the fans can do justice to!!

I highly doubt even when they get the opportunity, they can match the quality and workmanship that a few highly talented individuals can show us here.

Im not holding my breath. And for sure Im not collecting tiny statues!
Ditto here. A tiny statue with 5000 edition run is simply not my cup of tea. I remember that I had to move my head very close up just to see the Wonder Woman DCU Online statue through the display window because I couldn't see her face a feet away at my LCS.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #516
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Ditto here. A tiny statue with 5000 edition run is simply not my cup of tea. I remember that I had to move my head very close up just to see the Wonder Woman DCU Online statue through the display window because I couldn't see her face a feet away at my LCS.

We are an older more mature crowd here!

Those tiny things are not for us!!

Were getting old and we need them to be big so we can fell them and size them with our own eyes!

But seriously, give me 1/4 or just go back and make them toys...
Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #517
JohnMatrix

Quote:
We are an older more mature crowd here!

Those tiny things are not for us!!

Were getting old and we need them to be big so we can fell them and size them with our own eyes!

But seriously, give me 1/4 or just go back and make them toys...
Very true my friend! Nothing can go wrong with 1/4 scale, especially for DC characters since many of the DC Superheroes wear capes (great media for Sideshow PFs). I also deeply think that an action figure sized statue at 5000 edition can't simply hold the value in secondary market.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:29 PM   #518
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Very true my friend! Nothing can go wrong with 1/4 scale, especially for DC characters since many of the DC Superheroes wear capes (great media for Sideshow PFs). I also deeply think that an action figure sized statue at 5000 edition can't simply hold the value in secondary market.
Hold value???

They are worthless....

Let me show you something very soon, that holds its value!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #519
JohnMatrix

Quote:
Hold value???

They are worthless....

Let me show you something very soon, that holds its value!!!
Dude, you guys are really making me jealous of your DC statues.... The pieces are so wonderfully and amazingly designed/sculpted... DCD should hire you guys to art direct because you guys know what people want..
Old 05-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #520
Runes
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Away with the tiny statues, more 1:4 scale.
Runes is offline   Reply With Quote