Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-12-2017, 12:52 PM   #5211
memphis
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I ordered Reg version because of price. EX would cost me 1700-1900€ according to shipping cost. I can get reg locally for 1200€. EX head looks cool but I'm fine with reg.
memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #5212
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

I'm ok with the regular too! Loved the exclusive but regular looks great too, I'm just hoping ES isn't crazy big or I'll be holding off to order until release time! I really don't think they could sell an additional 3,000 at $1,200, I'm not seeing it happen! Also FORPS told me so you know it's true lol

Think about it though it sideshow does ES of 3,000 and they all sell that's 3.6 million plus their exclusives sold that's 4.5 million for one statue not bad pay day after everyone else is paid!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #5213
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

That's because the reg is still an absolutely brilliant statue.

Dismissing it because it's not the EX is a huge disservice.

Yes the EX head is perfect. However, the reg edition is still the reg edition of perhaps the most impressive statue I have ever seen.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #5214
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post

Yes the EX head is perfect. However, the reg edition is still the reg edition of perhaps the most impressive statue I have ever seen.
It's still $1,200.

Without what many view as the preferred portrait.

I don't think it will be such an easy sell. I'm guessing ES at 1500, because SS had a number pre-booked before this went up for order.

It's not that it is still not a great statue, It's just an awful lot for a Reg edition of anything.

Understandable why many of their previous Maq's didn't have an EX.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #5215
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Collectability/desirability/value of the EX. None of which I collect for. Just pointing out that the EX for those was on FIRE for awhile, but the constant stream of Reg's and the fact none of them have a must have EX piece made them only slightly more desirable in the end.

But, that's why the topic exists here, that some are 'hoping' that perhaps a large ES on Thanos Reg will have the same muting effect on this EX, but they are kidding themselves, because this is a must have EX. So even if there are 5,000 Reg's, it wouldn't have that impact.

However I think the Reg ES is going to be low too, which will have a multiplying effect down the road for being collectible, like many of the older sought after pieces.
Just curious ,
Why is the Thanos head a must have ex, and the Supeman ex alternate head with spaghetti smoldering laser beams not a must have? If I had t chose between the two, I would much rather have the the superman ex head... But that's just me.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #5216
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Just curious ,
Why is the Thanos head a must have ex, and the Supeman ex alternate head with spaghetti smoldering laser beams not a must have? If I had t chose between the two, I would much rather have the the superman ex head... But that's just me.
Because the Reg head (for most) was the better of the two, and frankly, it is a PITA to do a head swap on Superman.

It is always problematic when they have a desirable EX that is the preferred display option (for the majority). The first Red Sonja was that way, but they pooched the paint, so it didn't really matter. But that took them awhile to unload the Reg's.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:51 PM   #5217
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Because the Reg head (for most) was the better of the two, and frankly, it is a PITA to do a head swap on Superman.

It is always problematic when they have a desirable EX that is the preferred display option (for the majority). The first Red Sonja was that way, but they pooched the paint, so it didn't really matter. But that took them awhile to unload the Reg's.
Yeah, with that one (superman), you've got to go with one of the heads and stay wth it or you all end up breaking it sooner rather than later.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #5218
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I wonder what the gems will look like lit up. Since they are doing a light up feature I hope it is pretty bright. I'm just comparing it to the comiquette they previously did. I'd like it to be far more powerful than that.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #5219
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I wonder what the gems will look like lit up. Since they are doing a light up feature I hope it is pretty bright. I'm just comparing it to the comiquette they previously did. I'd like it to be far more powerful than that.
I think that it is probably more important what they look like when they are turned off. They need to get that detail right, needs to look believable on or off.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:15 PM   #5220
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:

Yep.
Everyone going on about how detailed and great the throne is but nobody wants the regular ?
It's still just a good a piece, if they released a 1000 es it would sell out the same day.
if your saying this isn't worth $1200 in a way your saying that the ex is not worth More than $1200.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote