Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #5221
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Never watched Jason X. Just looked beyond ridiculous.
I did and it pretty much was. I didn't like that they relied more on the humor, although having Jason be in space can only be viewed as comedy, so I guess they didn't have a choice.

I will say this though, there were certain aspects I found a bit interesting, and had they really taken it seriously it might have been kind of a cool game changer for the series.

I mean look at the Hulk, what do you do when you no longer know what to do with a monster.. shoot him into space and hilarity ensues. See, a comedy!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #5222
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Never watched Jason X. Just looked beyond ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I did and it pretty much was. I didn't like that they relied more on the humor, although having Jason be in space can only be viewed as comedy, so I guess they didn't have a choice.

I will say this though, there were certain aspects I found a bit interesting, and had they really taken it seriously it might have been kind of a cool game changer for the series.

I mean look at the Hulk, what do you do when you no longer know what to do with a monster.. shoot him into space and hilarity ensues. See, a comedy!
Jason X is a guilty pleasure of mine. It is absolute rubbish, but it was good fun. I love the variety of kills (liquid nitrogen face plant being my favorite) and Jason's nano retooling was ridiculous but fun. Yes, it's crap . . . . But it's the right kind of crap
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #5223
patrickwm68
The Flash

I thought Jason X was silly fun but I don't really consider it part of the the Friday 13th run.

I actually dislike Jason Goes To Hell a lot more the Jason X. I hate any film that ruins the mystery of the character. Jason as a body switcher really ticked me off the same way Freddy making a deal with little sperm demons in Freddy's Dead did. I don't want to know why Jason, Freddy, and MM can't be stopped. I pretend those films don't exist.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #5224
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Definitely disagree with you there. Halloween II is a great entry and a worthy sequel/continuation. I love how it picks up immediately after the original. Heck you don't even get the explanation that Michael Myers is Laurie Strode's brother until that film. IMO its essential to the story and one of the most underrated horror sequels out there.
I believe John Carpenter said Halloween 2 is as scary as an episode of Quincy. I do like the early parts of the movie mainly for comedy. The stuff with the sheriff when he tells Loomis to put his gun away. How the sheriff acts when he finds his daughter and tells Loomis "you let him out" then walks away. Loomis also says I shot him six times but I believe we hear seven shots. I just see humor in it. Of course, there is the hot tub reveal scene in the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I don't know about that. 1 and 2 were great, you can watch them together as one whole film. H3 was good but I prefer the Myers films the most. I liked Halloween 4 with the little girl. H5 would have been better without the whole cowboy releasing MM from jail ending. Did not like H6 at all, too gory for a Halloween film and I did not like the devil worshipping cult angle. H2O was good but I didn't like the way they totally ignored 4 & 5 and Laurie's daughter. The one with Busta Rhymes was just crap.
I need to see the ones after part 3 again. I barely remember them. I kind of like H20. I know I didn't see the last one that killed off Laurie.

Quote:
Same way with Friday the 13th. Never watched Jason X. Just looked beyond ridiculous.
I thought the premise of Jason X was the dumbest thing too. But I watched it for the first time a while back. I put a review in the movie section. It's worth owning. The movie actually rips stuff from Aliens. I don't have top list of Friday the 13th movies and I still need to see Part 7 uncut again. But right now, my favorites are Part 2, 6, 8, and Jason X. Part 8 and X are just funny.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #5225
snappahead
Producer
Producer

You cant take Friday the 13th movies too seriously. They're all ridiculous (except the first two maybe...) but thats whats good about them IMO. Jason in Hell, Jason in space...it's all good stuff to me. They're fun movies and I think horror fans, especially those who like the series overall, should at least watch Jason X before deciding. Go into it with the right mindset and it's perfectly enjoyable. It's a Jason movie on a space ship. I dig it.

I'm not too big a fan of the Halloween series though. The first was good..that's a given, but I the second one is pretty ass to me. Carpenter has said that he didnt really want to do a second and IMO, it shows.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #5226
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

So who's into Steelbooks here then
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #5227
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdealx View Post
I loooove my DVD's and BD's but I've never been into the steel books much. I'm the sucker that buys the elaborately packaged, limited edition box sets
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #5228
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdealx View Post
You probably won't find to many US collectors here that are heavily into them. Seems most of the Steelbooks are offered in other countries making them quite expensive for US collectors to get into. I have a few myself and really like them but I'm to frugal a collector to allow myself to be tempted by them unless I can get them on the cheap. Plus Best Buy is pretty much the only place that does them here and I don't know about anyone else but I really dislike giving them my business or even frequenting their stores.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #5229
snappahead
Producer
Producer

To be honest, I like Best Buy.

But yeah, the steel books are nice, but as you say..not easy here.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #5230
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Love steelbooks, but will only get the ones of movies that I like a lot, or flat out love. Very picky about double dips also, and while these $10 cheapies are nice at Best Buy this week, all of those movies I own already, and most of them I have in cool packaging already, such as the digibook Shawshank, and the FYE exclusive of Inception steelbook, which I've watched multiple times already, so no regrets on that one either. I have the DVD steels of Batman Begins and TDKR, as well as V for Vendetta (killer Korean import steel)...never had any problem with my local Best Buy, as they have always been pretty cool with their PM policy not to mention their periodic trade and upgrade blu-ray programs.
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote