Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-15-2017, 08:26 AM   #5281
sparda
The Avengers

Hopefully they'll be able to mask the seam on the chair, otherwise that 'd be a bummer.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:57 AM   #5282
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

What is the exclusive? I could find it on the sideshow site
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #5283
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Let's start with the obvious: these forums prove that most people that spend thousands in statues do not necessarily read comics or have any attachment to reading the stories as they were happening while they were younger. These are "because it looks cool" purchases for many, many people. Hence why so many regular versions of statues are sold through retailers.

Many folks severely miscalculated the urgency for this exclusive. They knew it was 750 ES. They knew the price. They knew the day it would be sold. However, the pushback towards the price made people hesitate and see how things played out. Things went the way they went with fast sell outs and closed/cancelled wait lists. Now the anger and frustration (probably mostly at themselves) comes out.

People have been asking for the good old days back and, well, here they are. Limited pieces, fast sell outs with meaningful exclusives. That day comes with a very obvious situation and most still want to be disingenuous, skeptical and mess around on preorder day. Now it's Sideshow's fault that the exclusive was too good and necessary. This is part of the good old days of collecting guys (now with added statue inflation). You had to be there to earn your spot. That's the part that gets lost to new collectors when they hear the romanticized stories about those Grey Hulk PFs and Doom PFs.

All this!!! I'm a new collector as far as the higher end stuff and I never understood this want for crazy low ES's and day 1 sellouts. And that day comes and all there is anger because of it.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:38 AM   #5284
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovp3664 View Post
I totally agree. Its such a shame they didnt include that other arm to compliment the stern look.

Would just go so much better together as you say.
The arm is removable is there anyway we can build up enough support for them to make and add another arm? Especially for the regular maquette. The one arm up doesn't match the regular face at all.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #5285
ob1ob
Birdman

Quote:
Many folks severely miscalculated the urgency for this exclusive. They knew it was 750 ES. They knew the price. They knew the day it would be sold. However, the pushback towards the price made people hesitate and see how things played out. Things went the way they went with fast sell outs and closed/cancelled wait lists. Now the anger and frustration (probably mostly at themselves) comes out.

I balked at the price and underestimated how quickly it would sell out. I assumed it would be available when I checked later. Big mistake. I know others like PCS have quick sell outs but wasn't collecting during the days of quick sell outs for Sideshow that you mentioned. I 've definitely learned my lesson now.
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #5286
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
People have been asking for the good old days back and, well, here they are. Limited pieces, fast sell outs with meaningful exclusives. That day comes with a very obvious situation and most still want to be disingenuous, skeptical and mess around on preorder day. Now it's Sideshow's fault that the exclusive was too good and necessary. This is part of the good old days of collecting guys (now with added statue inflation). You had to be there to earn your spot. That's the part that gets lost to new collectors when they hear the romanticized stories about those Grey Hulk PFs and Doom PFs.
Yes, I think it's great a little bit of buzz came back because of the fast sell out and lower ES of Thanos. Its about time !!
Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:37 AM   #5287
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

[QUOTE=SolidLiquidFox;5431247]Let's start with the obvious: these forums prove that most people that spend thousands in statues do not necessarily read comics or have any attachment to reading the stories as they were happening while they were younger. These are "because it looks cool" purchases for many, many people. Hence why so many regular versions of statues are sold through retailers.

People have been asking for the good old days back and, well, here they are. Limited pieces, fast sell outs with meaningful exclusives. That day comes with a very obvious situation and most still want to be disingenuous, skeptical and mess around on preorder day. Now it's Sideshow's fault that the exclusive was too good and necessary. This is part of the good old days of collecting guys (now with added statue inflation). You had to be there to earn your spot. That's the part that gets lost to new collectors when they hear the romanticized stories about those Grey Hulk PFs and Doom PFs.[/QUOT

WOW< To be putting characters on your shelf that you dont know or care about just because they look cool is wacko to me but if that is how you collect we can all do what we want. I collect the characters I grew up with and loved, if it just about cool why make Marvel? Just make cool nobodys

And this project is still a mess as the regular edition as you can see overwhelmingly is not a winner but more like the desperation purchase buy those that dont want this kinda lame version but are in fear of getting nothing. Is that excitement? Short term yes but long term does not bode well for the regular edition. I am sure they wont screw up and leave a regular edition so bland and no frills for the new $1200 price as people want more than a runner up missing the best part for this price, A missing sword or shield is fine, taking away Wills best work on the statue.....that just sucks
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #5288
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Let's start with the obvious: these forums prove that most people that spend thousands in statues do not necessarily read comics or have any attachment to reading the stories as they were happening while they were younger. These are "because it looks cool" purchases for many, many people. Hence why so many regular versions of statues are sold through retailers.

I agree with most of this except the people waiting to see how it played out. Most people literally did not know it was up at all and by the time they did it was gone. I was at work dealing with some people issues and rushed back to my phone to get on and it was waitlisted. I never even got the email until after it was gone. I love the low es and I'm not upset that I didn't get it. Eventually I will get the regular. I'm not worried about the regular selling out because there are several avenues to purchase it. But the ex head is what I wanted. After it releases I will find the best deal
Possible and grab the whole thing or just buy the head from someone. But I really think most people just missed out by seconds and minutes like I did because they were actually busy. I have planned to be ready for a release with several things and something happen right before and then I miss out.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #5289
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
I agree with most of this except the people waiting to see how it played out. Most people literally did not know it was up at all and by the time they did it was gone. I was at work dealing with some people issues and rushed back to my phone to get on and it was waitlisted. I never even got the email until after it was gone. I love the low es and I'm not upset that I didn't get it. Eventually I will get the regular. I'm not worried about the regular selling out because there are several avenues to purchase it. But the ex head is what I wanted. After it releases I will find the best deal
Possible and grab the whole thing or just buy the head from someone. But I really think most people just missed out by seconds and minutes like I did because they were actually busy. I have planned to be ready for a release with several things and something happen right before and then I miss out.
LiquidFox's comment about people " waiting to see how it played out" is a 100% fact. I know at least 4 guys that did this. And guess what happened? They all got assed out and were furious when it got waitlisted. If you didn't "know it was up" thats no ones fault but your own. Sideshow made it clear what day and what time it would be ready to pre-order so that whole "most people literally didn't know it was up" is complete horse sh!t. If this was a piece you really wanted, you should have been ready to get it. You snooze, you lose man. Simple. IMHO, Sideshow did everything right. They made an amazing statue, with an amazing exclusive, and low ES. I'm GLAD it sold out in minutes. Thats the type of response they deserved for all the hard work they put into this piece. Will must've been feeling GREAT that day. Having a piece that YOU sculpt sell out in minutes? - Good for him. And good for everyone who had a hand in this project!

@LiquidFox - Preach on brother!
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:34 PM   #5290
aa909
The Green Hornet

This thread is official unreadable LOL!! Call me when this starts shipping
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote