Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-01-2023, 11:42 PM   #521
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazar123 View Post
I would really love the exclusive version of this statue but ordering it from sideshow to Canada is super expensive.

Due to the high edition size am I just better off waiting for it to show up on the second-hand market?
That?s what I?m gonna do.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 01:20 PM   #522
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Due to the high edition size am I just better off waiting for it to show up on the second-hand market?

What I'm basically doing. At least waiting for discounts and/or free shipping. Maybe next holiday season it'll be a BOGO item.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 03:31 PM   #523
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Quote:
I would really love the exclusive version of this statue but ordering it from sideshow to Canada is super expensive.

I feel ya, shipping to Germany + taxes is downright nasty. For this one it was worth it to me though. I tried all the variations and as I expected the EX head and also the EX Lightsabre are absolutely the way to go.

But yeah, the high ES makes it rather viable to wait for an opportunity to grab it 2nd hand. Either way, the EX is the uncontested way to go here.
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 12:20 AM   #524
Biggunz
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by How2TrainKaiju View Post
What I'm basically doing. At least waiting for discounts and/or free shipping. Maybe next holiday season it'll be a BOGO item.
I like bogo. Bogos good
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 04:57 AM   #525
pdenham
Teen Titans

With an ES of 10K+, I don't think they'll be looking to undermine, or dilute, the perception of it's value by reducing the price in any substantial way anytime soon (like in the next couple years).

It did seem to me like the price was high enough initially that they were already pricing in eventual discounting- as well as anticipated inflation over it's retail sales life.
But having it in hand now, the thing is just so damned well realized, that I wouldn't be all that surprised to see it move much faster than they, or anyone else, expected.

As a fan whose love for this property has run very hot ('77 through '82) and very cold ('83 up till Rogue One reignited it for me), this is- no hesitation, no hyperbole- one of the most radically awesome looking products I've ever seen associated with this property.
It's flat out majestic. (Bravo, K bros!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralek View Post
I feel ya, shipping to Germany + taxes is downright nasty. For this one it was worth it to me though. I tried all the variations and as I expected the EX head and also the EX Lightsabre are absolutely the way to go.

But yeah, the high ES makes it rather viable to wait for an opportunity to grab it 2nd hand. Either way, the EX is the uncontested way to go here.
The FOMO for me was all about that EX head. No matter what happened with regards to deals and pricing in the future, I would have been kicking myself if I somehow missed out on that exclusive.

I eyeballed them all when I first unboxed it, to check for damage. Each head looks amazing, and the Ex even more sinister up close. But I ended up putting the regular ole helmet on to start, and I love it. It will be a treat to swap in the other one at some point, but I could happily live with this, traditional as it is, for the entire time I have it displayed.
This one is a huge ball of win in any configuration.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 10:30 PM   #526
riky
Mephisto

$114 shipping to the east coast
Not sure why I’m surprised but I am
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 11:57 PM   #527
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by riky View Post
$114 shipping to the east coast
Not sure why I?m surprised but I am
I would be too, 1/3 scale grim knight was about that shipped to Michigan maybe a month ago
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 10:24 AM   #528
JohngPR
Fantastic Four

Yea, shipping to me was like $95 for me to Florida, which caught me by surprise.

Still happy I got it in though, so no regrets. Like pdenham, I just didn't want leave anything to chance and miss out on that exclusive head...and the price was low enough that paying off over the course of the year wasn't too bad.
JohngPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 10:32 PM   #529
riky
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohngPR View Post
Yea, shipping to me was like $95 for me to Florida, which caught me by surprise.
114 also to FL
Booo
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 11:00 PM   #530
off
The X-Men

73 bucks to Arizona. I'm only one state away.
off is offline   Reply With Quote