Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-04-2022, 10:26 AM   #521
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I wonder if we're going to see a new Hulk and Iron Man Premium Formats (since they seem to me making another Avengers line up) coming down the pike next year?
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 10:49 AM   #522
BurningRage
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
I wonder if we're going to see a new Hulk and Iron Man Premium Formats (since they seem to me making another Avengers line up) coming down the pike next year?
Don?t forget the new Scarlet Witch can go with these too.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 11:04 AM   #523
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
Can't say I agree. The piece seems very simple to me, pose, attitude, sculpture and few details. In other words, far short of the imposing art presented in the already iconic Captain America.

A piece that could match the new captain would be something like Bowen's, for despite not having a stoic expression, this legendary piece brings us the fury of the thunder god in all its fullness, waving his hammer and awakening the fury of the sky, with gusts of wind and noise of thunder.

Too bad she's not on the 1/4 scale. However, a reinterpretation of this art, with a similar pose, and enhancing a more current anatomy with textures in the right places, would certainly place it at the top of the best pieces by the son of Odin.

Well I have to agree that this Thor offering is not as clear cut a decision as Cap. Valid points, I'm still on the fence, but man, I'm tired of waiting for a classic Thor, so I wants it, I needs it, & am trying real hard to like this thing. But we'll see, because as mentioned, with a little time & more pics, I've been surprised before. Just hoping for the best.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:08 PM   #524
Peedi
The Secret Six

A Hulk that isn’t hunched over, World War, King or any other single storyline or gimmick! With a “classic modern” portrait (as opposed to truly classic, OG comic Frankenstein head).

Fun Fact, the Avengers found Cap after Hulk had already quit!
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:19 PM   #525
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Fun Fact, the Avengers found Cap after Hulk had already quit!
you get out of here with your comic history knowledge!

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:26 PM   #526
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
A Hulk that isn?t hunched over, World War, King or any other single storyline or gimmick! With a ?classic modern? portrait (as opposed to truly classic, OG comic Frankenstein head).
I've been waiting for that type of 1/4 classic HULK for what felt like forever. Thankfully, XM released the Transformation HULK and all my prayer were answered. Hopefully, sideshow releases a new HULK PF that you'll like someday soon. I had the same problem with a classic 1/4 Cap. I didn't like any of the previous 1/4 releases. IMO, sideshow came through big time with Canale's recent Cap PF. While every sculpt by sideshow (and other companies) may not be a hit, I'm beyond thrilled that sideshow seems to be focusing on these characters classic costumes of late. It gives me hope we'll see a classic Byrne Cyclops and Perez Deathstroke one day.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:29 PM   #527
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I've been waiting for that type of 1/4 classic HULK for what felt like forever. Thankfully, XM released the Transformation HULK and all my prayer were answered. Hopefully, sideshow releases a new HULK PF that you'll like someday soon. I had the same problem with a classic 1/4 Cap. I didn't like any of the previous 1/4 releases. IMO, sideshow came through big time with Canale's recent Cap PF. While every sculpt by sideshow (and other companies) may not be a hit, I'm beyond thrilled that sideshow seems to be focusing on these characters classic costumes of late. It gives me hope we'll see a classic Byrne Cyclops and Perez Deathstroke one day.
I agree, this cap is beautiful. I think I'll be picking it up as well, not entirely sure what I'm doing with my Avengers display yet lol but this looks like one that'll be a keeper for me, either way.

I'd love a classic iron man and hulk too, while they are at it
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 01:05 PM   #528
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
Can't say I agree. The piece seems very simple to me, pose, attitude, sculpture and few details. In other words, far short of the imposing art presented in the already iconic Captain America.

A piece that could match the new captain would be something like Bowen's, for despite not having a stoic expression, this legendary piece brings us the fury of the thunder god in all its fullness, waving his hammer and awakening the fury of the sky, with gusts of wind and noise of thunder.

Too bad she's not on the 1/4 scale. However, a reinterpretation of this art, with a similar pose, and enhancing a more current anatomy with textures in the right places, would certainly place it at the top of the best pieces by the son of Odin.

After seeing your pic I decided to see if the new cap fit with some other Avengers. Actually looks pretty good.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Avengers2022.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	145329  
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 01:14 PM   #529
SONICobra
Batman

i wish we could get some confirmation on sizing specs, doesnt seem right he would be taller than hulk lunging forward like that
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 01:18 PM   #530
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i wish we could get some confirmation on sizing specs, doesnt seem right he would be taller than hulk lunging forward like that
He's listed as 21" so I just went with it. Just like the Hulk listed at 20" but when you actually see the size of him in person it's like "Woah, he's much bigger than I thought."

The Crouched over hulk is literally the size of 1.5 to two normal sized PF's wide and he's about 18" deep so you need deep shelves to hold him. Much bigger than pictures make him look on the site.

And as I look at him, is probably taller than the "20 inches" they state on the site.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote