Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #521
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Have to say I really like it. Curiously how Rhino will look. Wonder if it will be the mech suit from ultimates
http://www.oafe.net/rustin/smur.php
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #522
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Have to say I really like it. Curiously how Rhino will look. Wonder if it will be the mech suit from ultimates
http://www.oafe.net/rustin/smur.php
I haven't seen the mech suit, but I sure hope it's oohing like the old comic Rhino. He gives Electro a run for his money in the "looking stupid as hell" category. I also hope it's not classic super hero sequel syndrome. Shove as many villains into the scenes as possible. Who's in this one now? Rhino, Electro...isn't Black Cat in it too? Who else?
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #523
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Rumour of Black Cat and we will see GGoblins alter ego. I'd love to see a Sinister Six down the line so I'm okay with a few. Multiple character movies can work with the right script Avengers/Xmen etc.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #524
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I haven't seen the mech suit, but I sure hope it's oohing like the old comic Rhino. He gives Electro a run for his money in the "looking stupid as hell" category. I also hope it's not classic super hero sequel syndrome. Shove as many villains into the scenes as possible. Who's in this one now? Rhino, Electro...isn't Black Cat in it too? Who else?
Morbius, maybe.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #525
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Where will they fit Garfield's giant head into the frame with all these guys running around? I agree Bulls that it can work, but more often than not, it doesn't if you ask me. A strong one on one story works best IMO and is usually the safest way to go movie wise. Every new character means less screen time for everyone.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #526
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I guess you wouldnt be a fan of a sinister 6 plot for amazing spiderman 3 then?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #527
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I guess you wouldnt be a fan of a sinister 6 plot for amazing spiderman 3 then?
Not really. Unless they just come and say, "yeah, this is a mess and we're not bothering with characters or a story. It's just one long fight scene after another kind of movie" I might be ok with it. I could go into knowing it is what it is and hopefully enjoy it like I did Pacific Rim.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #528
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not really. Unless they just come and say, "yeah, this is a mess and we're not bothering with characters or a story. It's just one long fight scene after another kind of movie" I might be ok with it. I could go into knowing it is what it is and hopefully enjoy it like I did Pacific Rim.
So why is it acceptable to have multiple heroes (e.g. Avengers, GOTG, Justice League) but only one or two villains?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #529
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
So why is it acceptable to have multiple heroes (e.g. Avengers, GOTG, Justice League) but only one or two villains?
I wouldn't say acceptable or not. It's just what works or not. And not specific to villains. Just crowded rooms in general. Avengers worked because of the set up films before hand. Justice League will have the same advantage I hope. Xmen worked well, but most other movies like it haven't IMO. Spidey 3 was a mess. Too much going on. When they only have 8 or 9 minutes of screen time to tell a characters arch, its hard for anyone to really to care about it. IM2 had a similar problem to me. Too many characters to explain to the audience. Time being taken away from the characters that matter most.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #530
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah if they can do it with heroes they can do it with villains no problem..
i think that would be killer to see the sinister 6.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote