Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #531
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I wouldn't say acceptable or not. It's just what works or not. And not specific to villains. Just crowded rooms in general. Avengers worked because of the set up films before hand. Justice League will have the same advantage I hope. Xmen worked well, but most other movies like it haven't IMO. Spidey 3 was a mess. Too much going on. When they only have 8 or 9 minutes of screen time to tell a characters arch, its hard for anyone to really to care about it. IM2 had a similar problem to me. Too many characters to explain to the audience. Time being taken away from the characters that matter most.
Fair enough. I agree, Spidey 3 was trash. IM2 was meh and IM3 was Meh-
Old 07-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #532
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

So it all comes down to if the background of the character is well developed or not.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #533
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Have to say I really like it. Curiously how Rhino will look. Wonder if it will be the mech suit from ultimates
http://www.oafe.net/rustin/smur.php
that would be my guess too Bullseye. it makes the most sense. specially with hollywood wanting to bring comic to reality. and by him being in a mech suit it makes it more believable than a muted rhino humanoid. but either way will be cool with me.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #534
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
yeah if they can do it with heroes they can do it with villains no problem..
i think that would be killer to see the sinister 6.
But I think what snappa is saying is the Avengers heroes all had lead in movies to build up the characters. The Sinister 6 wouldn't work unless there were lead in movies of all the villains (Doc Ock and GG are dead). Otherwise there wouldn't be enough time for character development for all 6 villains.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #535
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

How come Ock and GG are dead? This is the reboot so they are alive.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #536
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
But I think what snappa is saying is the Avengers heroes all had lead in movies to build up the characters. The Sinister 6 wouldn't work unless there were lead in movies of all the villains (Doc Ock and GG are dead). Otherwise there wouldn't be enough time for character development for all 6 villains.
exactly. its obvious doc ok and GG can be revamped and resurrected seems how this is a whole new take on spidey.

right i understated what snappah is saying.
but i dont think you need to do all of that. for villains anyway. we all know where they came from and what their story is anyways. so i think it could work just fine. so each one of them having their own movie doesn't really need to happen IMO. plus since when have we ever seen them make a solo film for just a villain? a comic book villain that is. to where it lead up to a super hero film? never because its all about the hero. all the villain is or does in a story is make the hero. but the story isn't about them. its about the hero.
but ill tell you. i wouldn't be all against it if they did to all of that. it actually would be pretty killer to see the villains side or perspective on things in a film going up against the hero. or leading up to where he goes up against him or her.. man wow now that i even think about it even more that would be a totally sick ida..lol that would be AWESOME..lol
original?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #537
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
So it all comes down to if the background of the character is well developed or not.
For me, yeah. That's a big deal. Without the screen time, characters become throw away. They need the screen time to develop some kind of connection with the audience. Unless of course that's not what they're going for. Pacific Rim was about the spectacle. People go see that movie for action and thats what they get.

I think its a little different for comic movies. These are characters we want to see and have a vested interest in the stories for them. We want action too, but when comic movies go overboard with action at the expense of characters and story we end up with stuff like X3 and Spidey 3.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #538
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
That would be cool, but TBH in the case of Sinister Six, they could probably mosh them all together and make a competent movie out of it. We just wouldn't care about them much hehe. That's ok though I guess in this case. If they did a good job with Spidey's arch in it, I think it could work. Just treat the whole of S6 as a single threat and keep most of the story and focus on Peter/Spidey. I think it's kind of an all or nothing thing with movie concepts like that.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #539
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Picture of a stuntman wearing the old costume from the set of TAS 2.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #540
DynamicMenace

that will be cool. well get to see the transition from the old suit to the one we all know and love.