Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #531
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

HGC Selene statue

Hello again, couple more pics, 3rd picture from left to right was taken from a phone camera. It's straight on and shows the eyes alittle funny, this is why i say it depends on how you look at her and what angle. looking at her straight on, the eye on the "right" should be more centered by a hair. This is my concern, but is it a keeper?
capchi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #532
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood View Post

Unbelieveable Piece you have there!!!.....wish my had those pefect everything, especially those eyes!

Guys, I love her

You got a GEM....my piece doesnt compare, it's perfect everywhere!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #533
blueyell
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyell View Post
Mine arrived like the attached to Canada via superpowercollectibles.com

For those who bought through a distributor, was the process the same? Contact HCG and they send you a new one, and you put the old one in the box the new one came in, and HCG pays the return shipping?
HCG said mine are not defective and that's how they are suppose to look, what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	79238   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	79239  
blueyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #534
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyell View Post
HCG said mine are not defective and that's how they are suppose to look, what do you guys think?
The 1st pix looks off, slighty goofy. The second looks better, she has a Deep Stare. If i had to make a choice, i'm leaning toward a return.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #535
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Just got her. No fugly eyes on her. Though the nameplate is big (surprisingly), I found lacking in detail. Wish it had more pop & detail.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #536
3stun

Received my Exclusive Selene Statue yesterday.
The face seems slightly weird from some angles, sometimes more, sometimes less... perhaps I'm developing "googly eyes paranoia"
Here are a few quick shots - what do you guys think?

I'm actually more concerned about a few white "dots" on her coat... the coat is very detailed and due to its complicated form there are some points obviously hard to paint, especially around the folds... And these "dots" look like the painter just couldn't get there because he/she was in a hurry or something, so there is no or not enough dark paint in these points compared to the rest of the coat.

From far away they might seem light sparkles, but from close enough you can clearly see they are not.

Does anyone else have these?
3stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #537
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
The face seems slightly weird from some angles, sometimes more, sometimes less... perhaps I'm developing "googly eyes paranoia"

I'm actually more concerned about a few white "dots" on her coat... the coat is very detailed and due to its complicated form there are some points obviously hard to paint, especially around the folds... And these "dots" look like the painter just couldn't get there because he/she was in a hurry or something, so there is no or not enough dark paint in these points compared to the rest of the coat.

From far away they might seem light sparkles, but from close enough you can clearly see they are not.

Looks ok to me.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #538
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I would get a replacement. Don't mention the eyes, just the finish on the coat. Good luck. You pay a lot for this item, it should be worth it. This one is not.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #539
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post

It looks like you and i have the same Paranioda, my Selene eyes look like yours. At different angles, i see great looking eyes and then it changes 180 degrees to the goofy looks. Im on the edge of sending it back or keeping it. Take a look at my pictures.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #540
3stun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capchi3 View Post
It looks like you and i have the same Paranioda, my Selene eyes look like yours. At different angles, i see great looking eyes and then it changes 180 degrees to the goofy looks. Im on the edge of sending it back or keeping it. Take a look at my pictures.
Yes, the eyes on my Selene look very much like yours, the left one should be just a little farther from her nose... What about the coat, do you have any dots like mine?
3stun is offline   Reply With Quote