Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #531
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Nice job! Your signed poster collection is amazing.

And as a side note, I like Chadwick Boseman's signature. Seems like he takes some time with it and is proud that people can read his name. I appreciate that very much. If you ever get him to sign something again (ala Black Panther 2 gear), pass that along
Boseman has a very nice graph and still signs the #42 as tribute to Jackie Robinson. He can't sign for everyone since his graph is long, but I would rather have a change at a nice one and miss out then get a 1 letter graph.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:12 PM   #532
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Just checked the link. WOW!. That is exciting. Congratulations. Was it tough? Did you wait for her to come up to you in line? I can see her signing one, but two! That is very cool. I collect autographs too.
It was crazy. I got there at 2am the night before. I was very happy with what I got.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #533
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
So what is your take on Crazy Rich Asians???

p.s. Not a fan of the Madea moves either, but probably for differing reasons.
My wife loved it. I didn’t bother watching it because it was too exclusive as well.

Black exclusivity aside, I don’t think I would’ve found the Madea movies funny.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:28 PM   #534
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Boseman has a very nice graph and still signs the #42 as tribute to Jackie Robinson. He can't sign for everyone since his graph is long, but I would rather have a change at a nice one and miss out then get a 1 letter graph.
I hear you! Ages ago I was on line to get a paid autograph from John de Lancie ("Q" of Star Trek fame) who has a reputation for chicken scrawling his signature at events. I was next up when the woman in front of me said to de Lancie in a very upbraiding voice, "And actually really SIGN it this time, please!" He got this stunned/embarrassed look on his face and rather sheepishly, but very deliberately and carefully, signed his name. Everyone in earshot chuckled (as did he) and of course he reverted to form and I got the standard crappy signature.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:46 PM   #535
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...?piece=1533668

Cast Poster that I got.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:48 PM   #536
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
I hear you! Ages ago I was on line to get a paid autograph from John de Lancie ("Q" of Star Trek fame) who has a reputation for chicken scrawling his signature at events. I was next up when the woman in front of me said to de Lancie in a very upbraiding voice, "And actually really SIGN it this time, please!" He got this stunned/embarrassed look on his face and rather sheepishly, but very deliberately and carefully, signed his name. Everyone in earshot chuckled (as did he) and of course he reverted to form and I got the standard crappy signature.
Lee Pace signed my poster last night and he made a u-turn and was coming back my way. I said to him you must have been pushed because I'm missing a few letters. He laughed and said that's what I sign.

Better then Sam Jackson, he has a beautiful autograph, but never gives it. He got out of the car last night pointed at us and laughed. He such a Di@k.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:07 PM   #537
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
He such a Di@k.
Nick Fury’s a Di@k? That’s disappointing, at least you got King Thranduil’s sig.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:08 AM   #538
Demona
Lex Luthor

Won't lie that I would be happy to be pointed and laughed at my Sam MotherF'in Jackson. But I can also see how others might not enjoy such a thing.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:33 PM   #539
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Riiiiight, but the movie Cap and Thor are not the comic Cap and Thor. Thor especially is way different. Have they made a public statement saying that all characters are the exact ones from the comics?
Why is a public statement necessary? The pattern is clear from all the films released so far. It would be inconsistent to make one where the titular character was not the same as in the books. Movie Thor was the son of Odin, not Eric Masterson or to use MrYac's example, Jane Foster. The only exception was The Wasp, but even then, Janet Van Dyne was The Wasp in that movie too.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #540
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
while I agree with your point that using Monica would be silly your counter point isn't entirely true, we don't have Riri, Girl-Thor and Kate Bishop running around on screen.
None of those examples replaced the original characters permanently. Riri Williams became Ironheart, Jane Foster died and Clint Barton is still Hawkeye in the current West Coast Avengers book.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote