Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-04-2018, 10:43 AM   #531
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntster View Post
I totally agree. Everything looked great until I saw that Elongated Man angle -- now I think I'll have to pass. I can't get past that chin and that long nose. Too Raplh Dibny for me. Too bad as the rest of the sculpt looks great. I'll wait until the final reveal to see if maybe QC corrects the chin on the prototype. I dont understand how SS would let that go when the fans clearly see a problem.

I guess the Trinity collection will be on hold for now. I pre-ordered Wonder Woman and am waiting to see the final reveal of Batman. So it looks like 2/3 perhaps. Hopefully batman won't dissapoint.
You're so right. I totally see the Ralph Dibny like facial features. It's so pronounced at that one angle. It would bother the hell out of me anytime I see it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:02 AM   #532
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I'd be amazed if they changed it, it's a single angle of a purposeful stylized face. It's a very Norman Rockwell-esque caricature of a middle america farm boy. Clark passes every day as the tall goofy farm boy working a news beat. He's not a greek god. I think Sideshow killed it.
That's a tough sell seeing that he's really an alien from Krypton. I'm not seeing why he would have to look like middle American farm boy.

Not sure that he does either.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #533
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I think the portrait rocks. The cape is what bothers me about the piece. I've asked SSAlex about the potential for a dual layered cape to add more body to the material.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:06 PM   #534
AC_808
Hercules

It wouldn't take much to reduce this chin. Don't think it would need another approval either considering it would be such a small change.

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:45 PM   #535
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Dig the statue, hate the portrait. I'll be passing on this, but I might pick it up if the portrait is not fixed to the statue. a custom head down the line would make this a really great piece.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #536
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
It wouldn't take much to reduce this chin. Don't think it would need another approval either considering it would be such a small change.
I really don't have a problem with the chin like others do. From every angle I think this portrait looks fantastic along with the rest of the piece. With that being said, I did an ever so slight reduction of the chin and nose. I don't know if it improves it any, but any more of a reduction in both and I think it would start to look funny.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SupermanAfter.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	111328
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #537
Sandy32
Fantastic Four

That angle almost kept me from PO'ing Supes but after a couple days of looking at all the other pics, I caved and PO'ed him from Timewalker Toys.
Sandy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #538
SONICobra
Batman

doesn't bother me from that angle as much as lot of you guys but regardless it looks fantastic from any angle I would actually display it from so its a non-issue personally
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #539
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

The closer you pull the picture in, the more normal his chin looks.

The only problem with Superman (besides the cloth cape and no undies) is the same thing wrong with WW, Wolverine, and Mags. NO ES
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:29 PM   #540
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I think some are making too big a deal out of the chin. It doesn't bother me in the least but I have to ask the question to those that have an issue with it. Are you really going to be displaying the piece from that angle shown in the pic? Seems like it's a minor nit pick at best. If you really dislike the piece as a whole than so be it but to use the chin as the single reason why some aren't buying it is absurd.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote