Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-08-2022, 09:04 AM   #531
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
No, you're completely wrong. If I'd said "collectors are idiots" - I would be saying that the very act of collecting is idiotic.

I said collectors are idiots under the specific intention of paying money to a company, not based on what is specifically offered, but on the hopes that the thing offered will change - especially if there is no implied or contractual agreement that changes will be made.

If you can't see / understand the fundamental differences in those two statements - then I really can't help you.

I changed the term idiots to delusional because (case in point) having an opinion doesn't have to result in offending people, and if the word idiot is offending people and obscuring the point I'm trying to make, then it's better to change it.....

Now you're embellishing my statement with your own points.

I was referring to the seam in the tights - I mentioned NOTHING about the shorts.

In fact, if you read my original statement I specifically suggested - at this point the discussion should centre around whether JND have delivered according to the prototype, and not rehashing a debate about design choices that resulted in the statue being a sell out. I've said for a long time, it's completely unfair for a company to take deposits and payments and then change / degrade the product quality afterwards. In this case a customer would have every right to complain and demand destitution.

Your analogy regarding the car is completely incorrect in relation to my point. A more appropriate analogy would be a customer ordering a green car - in the hopes the manufacturer will supply a red car, and then complaining when a green car is delivered.
I?m quite happy to admit to being an idiot having bought 2 Wonder Woman and Catwomans.

Also thanks for altering your post from if the shoe fits, which again could be misinterpreted incorrectly
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 09:15 AM   #532
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
I?m quite happy to admit to being an idiot having bought 2 Wonder Woman and Catwomans

.....that is a completely different discussion. Although, why in the world would you buy two of each? I'm not judging, it's your money and space, I'm just curious as to the use case of such a decision. Do you display one, keep on in a box? Display both? - dare I use the phrase - "investment asset"?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 09:15 AM   #533
PatrioticBat
Frackin!

Comparison shots between the prototype and the production piece. Not sure the new granny panties are doing it for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontProd.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	149612   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontProto.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	149613   Click image for larger version

Name:	BackProd.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	149614   Click image for larger version

Name:	BackProto.PNG
Views:	109
Size:	398.5 KB
ID:	149615  
PatrioticBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 09:24 AM   #534
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticBat View Post
Comparison shots between the prototype and the production piece. Not sure the new granny panties are doing it for me.
The tights on her left leg are baggy as well near the knee, you can see from the front and back views

That should be skin tight like the proto
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 09:33 AM   #535
tarim69
Sailor Moon

For a company that brags about how their production pieces match / exceeds their prototypes, I have to admit that's a bit disappointing.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 09:34 AM   #536
ukshaun
Hercules

If you look at her right leg some of the tattoos are in slightly different places when comparing the proto to the production. I have also included a shot of Harley from Suicide Squad (look at the solid squad and the two other squares divided into 4).
The text on the left leg below the word PUDIN is at the wrong angle.

LOADING: Image(s)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #537
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

.....that is a completely different discussion. Although, why in the world would you buy two of each? I'm not judging, it's your money and space, I'm just curious as to the use case of such a decision. Do you display one, keep on in a box? Display both? - dare I use the phrase - "investment asset"?
As you know my friend bought a Wonder Woman and having received it he is in the camp that prefers fully sculpted statues. I already have one (which came with an issue)but as he doesn?t want to have ship it I said I would take it in order to help him out.

In terms of a statue being an investment i would at this current time consider myself foolish to think that especially being based in the UK. Firstly the market for selling statues has massively shrunk following Brexit and Europe duty charges. Secondly the current economic situation IMHO is not looking great. Finally over recent years the statue market has totally changed in that collectors are moving quickly onto the latest greatest release. Therefore do grails exist as much as they used to and as such will prices increase apart from certain pieces

However I do consider myself both an idiot to continue buy JND as the 2 pieces received so far have had faults as well as fortunate to be able to buy them
Old 05-08-2022, 09:51 AM   #538
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
For a company that brags about how their production pieces match / exceeds their prototypes, I have to admit that's a bit disappointing.
Personally from my experience I think JND have hyped themeselves up far too much and raised expectations to an unmanageable level
Old 05-08-2022, 09:53 AM   #539
tarim69
Sailor Moon

From FB video...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220508-095036_Facebook.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	149616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220508-095050_Facebook.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	149617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220508-095100_Facebook.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	149618  
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:25 AM   #540
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
From FB video...
Just watched the video. The teeth remind me of Matt Dillon in Something about Mary due to being oversized. The shorts are also an issue IMHO